Speedy K blown up !!!

I heard on the grape vine that poor SPeedy K has blown his engine up !!!

Aww that’s not good news… blown up at the track or just regular everyday driving?

I am sure he will tell us

I was told he buzzed his engine on a downshift to 9400 Rpm.

Ooh… that’ll do it

Practising heel & toe?

Sorry to hear about Speedy’s mishap

Once heard about someone buzzing a Civic TypeR on the Mway, by selecting 2nd instead of 4th @ 70mph. ECU revealed that the revs had peaked at 27000 - just shows what a shite engine the Honda is

The video is on YouTube - I was hoping it wasn’t that serious and simply the ECU that went into protection mode…

Really hope it’s not THAT serious! …

Really sorry to hear, SpeedyK.

If the Hockenhiem vid is anything to go by, I’m suprised it’s taken this long for the motor to sh1t itself!!

the Yota does not like to be buzzed in any state of tune
All the broken ones I have heard of have been due to inappropriate down changes. I have thought some of his vids looked not great

Hope its not through

I reckon the bloke in the GT3 has pissed in his fuel tank!

Or put sand in it

The ECU will not save you from a mechanical over rev - i.e. selecting the wrong gear.

ooops, that new signature is a bit big!

The ECU will not save you from a mechanical over rev - i.e. selecting the wrong gear.

Exactly

PS Your sig is not showing up, cos you’ve missed the [IMG] from the beginning. Call yourself a racin’ driver!

found it not sure if its blown up though.

The video is on YouTube - I was hoping it wasn’t that serious and simply the ECU that went into protection mode…

Really hope it’s not THAT serious! …

Really sorry to hear, SpeedyK.

Heard from the dealer today. An “are you sitting down job”.

Needs complete new engine.

Not cheap.

As the engine is coming out anyway, investigating an upgrade from Bemani… wife not so impressed!

Put it this way, this is certainly a very strong motivator to work on that heel & toe!

Or put sand in it

Can only blame myself for totally cocking up the downchange.

After the M3 driver virtually stopped on that corner and I had to avoid him, I was determined to catch him. I had just overtaken him and was set on staying ahead, so I late-braked and wanted to go straight into second. It was all still moving too fast � as very rapidly became apparent…

Really sorry to hear about the mishap. Hope you get it sorted soon, and its back better than ever. Always a great time for an upgrade.

Thats really bad luck. I asked Lotus how much a new engine was when mine went t!ts up. They said �7000 which I didn’t believe. More recently I’ve been to a Toyota dealers and a head is �700, a bottom end was �1200 IIRC.

I’ve got a few thousand airmiles spare, lets get the spanners out…

Or put sand in it

Can only blame myself for totally cocking up the downchange.

After the M3 driver virtually stopped on that corner and I had to avoid him, I was determined to catch him. I had just overtaken him and was set on staying ahead, so I late-braked and wanted to go straight into second. It was all still moving too fast � as very rapidly became apparent…

Dude ! sorry to hear about your motor but you gotta check your ego at the pit lane…Ok I’m done…If you want to see the stuff I’ve done to my build up check out moremonkey…better valve springs oil pump and so on

I asked Lotus how much a new engine was when mine went t!ts up. They said �7000 which I didn’t believe.

'fraid to say that’s true.

Fitted, here, they’ve quoted �10k minimum for a replacement.

Upgrading whilst it’s out anyway is logical (will never be cheaper) � why does my wife have her doubts?

We’ll see…