solved, thanks

Yea have a tullett here, quiet a as you’d want on a sc Honda with no cat, sails through track day tests. Repackable and unlike the EP one no rivets, but a ring of hex bolts.

Why has the title of this thread changed?

Because my initial question “Does anyone know what happened to 2bular/Jim Valentine?” is now answered. He has both, answered in this thread, as well as answered to me to my e-mail. Seems he was a bit busy. All good.

Because Jim has stamped his feet and thrown all his toys out the pram at the very mention of anything negative to do with his exhausts and his woeful lead times/customer service, and has taken to threatening people with legal action, rather than just sucking it up and actually making the exhausts people have been waiting months for.

Think that just about covers it. :smiley:

HTH

Dan

Solicitors letter is in the post

Or,

‘your name is also going in the book’
‘don’t tell him your name…?’

Get a Larini :slight_smile:

More overhyped crap that isn’t built well and often doesn’t fit. It’s shiny though, so that’s ok! :smiley:

Dan

You’re a hard man to please Dan. What would you recommend?

There’s been plenty of good suggestions in this thread already.

If it was my money and I wanted something that’s a straight fit and off the shelf I’d go to Eliseparts. If I wanted something custom made I’d go to Chris Tullet.

I have no affiliation with either of them but that is my opinion based on 10 years of experience of all different Lotus exhausts.

Dan

My Elise Parts exhaust was made by Chris Tullet, that’s what Ian at EP told me. It went straight on the car with no issues.

Do you have photo of the exhaust fitted? I am looking for 1 for my S1 too.

I will take one for you. It is a nice bit of kit. I have used EP Exhausts on my S1 Elise, S2 Exige and S1 Exige (not at the same time). I have never had any problem with any of them. The only problem is I think EP have trouble getting them. I purchased their ex-display unit for for S1 Exige. It had been highly polished for display so it not typical. The exit pipes are a bit longer than I would like (that’s a matter of opinion). I thought about shortening them but they have a nice detail of a bit of flaring on the end of the pipes.

I used one and an EP manifold on my 118bhp Elise and it make about 140hp on the Emerald rollers on a standard engine. No idea if the exhaust helped but I was pleased with it the HP.

My S2 Exhaust is re-packable and has the end cap bolted on so it should be easy to repack, I have not needed to yet.

All of them are quiet when driving, which I like. My S1 exige was still 104db at Oulton on static. No bother on drive by and I was told it was one of the quieter cars on track. I think an S1 Exige has a lot of induction noise and no boot wall so it can be very noisy on static.

I have always found Geary gives good service so I use him most of the time. I have no idea if it is better or worse than any others as I have not tried them. My S1 Exige had a steel Janspeed supersport which rusted through so I got the EP unit. Fitting was no problem, getting the rusted Janspeed off was - but it was old and rust welded.

I had a Larini, sounded good on a na Honda, real hard edged bite to it. However that was mainly because it was empty of filling and pushing 104db and middling revs at TD tests.

24x8" tullet was 93db

My s2 equipped with a "trackday’ 2bular silencer failed the noise tests at Donington.
I did call Jim and ask advice about the exhaust getting louder and he replied " no one guaranties track parts "
I then sold the car ans passed the problem to someone else. .

Strangely they threatened to sue me when I said that on seloc :crazy:

It would seem your only allowed to post positive things about exhausts :laughing:

Another one of Jim’s masterpieces! Full system all supplied together.

Manifold touching the subframe and a rather large gap between cat and manifold with everything bolted up on the hangers! Impressive! :smiley:

EP/Tullet re-packable: Tested at Rockingham. 96db at 5k. 220 Supercharged S2. Probably to quiet for some but works for me.

Tullet bespoke, because you know you’re worth it