Solution for Toyota Gearbox Problems

I heard a viscous vicious (damn those Pesky kids) rumour that you’d gone and fitted a big gay supercharger Will ?

Obviously I didn’t believe the crazy rumour spreader, in fact, I said “What, Will…? A Supercharger? - don’t be silly, he’s one of the manliest people I’ve met !”.

Please confirm to re-affirm my judgement in you was correct and stop this wild rumour nonsense !!

5w-40w per chance?

lol

[quote=evo_ufo]Its nearly there now. I’ll do a proper post with the details when I’ve got it back. We’ve had a few problems with the supply of parts and there were some unexpected issues along the way but we’re on the home stretch now. Its certainly a very quick car now. Looking forward to Spa and seeing how it goes when its got a chance to really stretch its legs.

[/quote]

All sounds good, be good to see you at Spa, you joining us all at Dover for the tunnel and drive over?

PMSL. One of the best days I’ve had in the Exige was that wet day in at Donnington when I feel I converted JonnyFox to the NA cause. He’d been talking about getting a SC until he pax’d down through the craners. Didn’t say much at the time and his face was quite a picture :slight_smile:

But things move on and it was time to spice things up a bit and, bend, cough, oops how did that happen, it appear that someone has fitted one of those big gay superchargers in the back of my motor. :blush:

Seriously though, its a little bit quicker now :astonished:

Congrats mate, enjoy Spa !

Something tells me I might regret that post if I someday put a supercharger in mine :wink:

[quote=evo_ufo]Its nearly there now. I’ll do a proper post with the details when I’ve got it back. We’ve had a few problems with the supply of parts and there were some unexpected issues along the way but we’re on the home stretch now. Its certainly a very quick car now. Looking forward to Spa and seeing how it goes when its got a chance to really stretch its legs.

[/quote]

YES great news mate :sunglasses:

What power are you running now Will ?

Don’t have a dyno for it, but its about 8 or 9 elephants to 100. 1 elephant, 2 elephant, … :slight_smile:

Something more scientific soon

Be good to see the dyno results, be interesting to do a power run against mine one day to see the potential differences?

Lol … I bet they are quick elephants !!

:smiley: :smiley:

[quote=jfk]Lol … I bet they are quick elephants !!

:smiley: :smiley:[/quote]

You been reading “Trunkdriver Mag”?

Ade, you are gonna have a little “sex wee” when you see what John and Wayne (or simply John Wayne as they like to be collectivly known :wink: have done to your car!!!

That is not an image I really wanted in my mind, but I am getting excited now and with my replacement CC coming, the car will be back to its rude health in no time :wink:

Lol :smiley:

Really excited now, just not looking forwards to over a 3 hour journey each way to get it, then there is the bill to pay :frowning:

John loves your car. He said the mix of loud exhaust, super charger whine and straight cut gears, was almost too much for him to handle!!!

I can’t wait now, I just read the bill, and trust me it took some time, you sure you didn’t rebuild the entire car? :wink:

For those suffering from the usual Toyota woes;

Gearbox failures
Indifferent power output

The Link-up Toyota Honda conversion is finally here!

All the usual Link-up options avaliable, with outputs from 225-380+

Contact Andy at MSC for more info.

Fantastic - well done Dave/Andy/Scuffers :sunglasses:

Look forward to seeing some video of it out on track - when is its debut race, Dave?