Shift light

Absolutely Uldis, it depends on the car. With a less highly tuned engine, the torque drops away more at high revs. This necessitates an early gear change. This is why I like really revvy, highly tuned engines.
As I said earlier, all of this is about maximum acceleration in a straight line. Circuits will always add complications which may mean adjusting your shift points.

I thought a std VHPD was a really highly tuned engine!?!!

Ian

I haven’t driven, or seen a torque curve for a standard (177bhp) Exige motor, but the 190 definately fits my criteria. That’s why I love it so much

I always forget about the 177, I think of it as a strangled VHPD.

Ian

Well, I’m looking forward to discover that all factory-built VHPD’s are strangled

Ian

Ahem,…cough,… bet you can hardly hear me as I am kinda strangled Emerald next year me thinks…

About time too!

It rather galls me that the cost of our cars went up, just so Lotus could work out how to strangle them to get them through some silly Euro regs, just so we could pay to undo it again!

Ian

Ian

Hey…

Brendan
I see what you are saying, I understand it esp from your calcs, and I think we were saying the same thing… only difference i hadn’t thought of the gearing bit properly.

cheers