Scottish Contingent - KH 13th Sept

Hi guys

Who’s all going to KH on Sat 13th then?

Of course I’m going, but… have you booked and paid already?
There’s still 8 places as I type for non SIDC members.

But Mike, have you sbscribed to the S_E? there are plenty of trackday opportunities at KH that just happen and are communicated there.
For ex. just last night, I found out that there’s one track evening today, 6-8pm. Organized by Dreadnought garage (01877 331099).
I just called them, you just need to show up by 5pm, sign and pay then and GO!.
I am planing to go, as I feel I need my “speed fix”.

Come on, subscribe!, see you there?

Uldis

Mike,
I’m booked up so I’ll see you there.

Just got to give the little beastie a little TLC this weekend - change oil etc. after its little European tour

Mike

So, Rox, are you going? have you paid?

So, Rox, are you going? have you paid?

Yes Uldis… i paid this time so no soft suvverners shite or excuses this time… lookin forward to it… we haven’t met for a while .

regards to Ally Mike & Dave as well…

I’m booked in for the 13th and probably try make the Hot Marques night on Tuesday 16th.

Assuming I make it back from Peterborough with my Radical this week. Tommorow’s forecast is dry!

P.S. Can someone (Uldis?) stick up the dates here for any SELOC, Godfather Vito dates, etc at Knockhill?

SELOC? on Scotland?

Apart from this one (13th), Vito is organizing one on the 25th, evening session, just like th elast one, with some very tasty motors there. As follows:

Date : Thursday 25th September 2003

Venue : Knockhill

Track time : 5pm - 7pm

Track Cars For Hire :
Legends
Caterham 7 K series
Ferrari 360 Challenge
Mini Cooper Race Prep

Extras : ARDS Professional Instructors will be available on request for help and advice at no extra cost but must be booked in advance.

Photographers will be on hand to record the days events which will be available to view at > www.vitesport.com >

Red Bull will be attending to keep your energy levels topped up.

This Track Club is limited in numbers and will give you the opportunity to use your cars to their full potential in a controlled environment. If you have more than one car you want to try out on the track please feel free to bring it along at no additional cost.

Knockhill will supply Marshall’s, Medic’s and Helmets but you are welcome to use your own helmets.

Due to limited numbers please let me know at your earliest convenience if you can make it and what cars you wish to bring. Please contact me if you require some time with the ARDS instructors or for further details on track car hire.

Full payment of �45 is required 1 week prior to the event date. Cheques payable to Vito Crolla, 90/10 West Ferryfield, Inverleith, Edinburgh, EH5 2PU

Hope you can make it

Regards.
Vito
07880 63 68 61
[email protected]
[email protected]

Cars Confirmed

Mini Cooper Race Prep x 3
Caterham Race Prep x 2
Porsche Boxster S
Ferrari 355
Ferrari 360
Porsche 993
Porsche 996 C4
BMW M3 SMG
Mini Cooper S Hartage
Porsche 996 turbo 450 bhp
TVR Tuscan S

But I will be driving back from Donington. Although if I can make it there on my way up…

There may be some other, but they come and go in the S_E, don’t remember them by heart.

Uldis

Cheers Uldis, think I’ll be able to make that. Could have made Donno too - my trip abroad postponed a week.

Wouldn’t mind hiring the 360 Challenge for a few laps…guess it’s pricey though.

Ah, and there’s also the Hot Marques event Tuesday 16-Sept 5pm-7pm (�50) and Sunday 21 Sept 2pm-6pm (�75)
Reservations on 01383-723337

Uldis

OK, I know about the 16th (see my earlier post ) and will be in Barcelona on the 21st.

BTW, picked the Radical up yesterday and turns out that the rear wing has been on minimum downforce all this time. I’ve changed it to level 3 (of 4) which is the recommended setting for dry race conditions.

Wow, it really felt planted on some high speed corners on the drive back. Might not make much of a difference on a track like Knockhill though, with no long high speed corners. Would have been good for Donno.

Hey Mike, hope everything went OK at Spa (and the rest!) Look forward to catching up wiht you and hearing all about it. Make us all jealous!

Ally,
I’ll give you the low down on Saturday and if I’ve got time I’ll put some good laps together of Spa etc on video for you guys

Mike

Really Really busy today, but I think we all got some decent laps/session in. I enjoyed it again as usual apart from my dislike of the basic protocols and etiquete which seem to be getting adopted at KH… i.e pass on ony side and without invitation… and often by half wits in th ebraking zone… as the song says… “there may be trouble ahead…”

Ally,
I’ll give you the low down on Saturday and if I’ve got time I’ll put some good laps together of Spa etc on video for you guys

Mike

Mikey… watched your mpegs… cool… you showed em th eway by th elook of things… also looked very exotic… esp Dijon which looks like a great exige cct… my hat off to your driving all round… excellent… even tho you probably hidden the other 7 hrs 50 mins of spins slips and trips…

Rox,
I have to agree completely with your take on the overtaking problems. There were a few times when things got a little out of hand when I was behind a novice and a little unsure of what they were trying to do then all of a sudden some moron tries to out brake heading into the next corner. I’m a fully paid up member of the self preservation society and owner of a big girls blouse so I just let them get on with it.

I think some lessons could be learned by using Bookatrack’s overtaking etiquete - only by consent and on the left. I can’t understand Ian Forrest’s crap about overtaking on the left being unsafe - Knockhill, bar one corner, is all right handers and the faster cars should have the correct line on the left hand side of the track.

I think its only a matter of time before some of these idiots cause a pile up and it’ll probably be at the hairpin by the looks of things.

Mikey… watched your mpegs… cool… you showed em th eway by th elook of things… also looked very exotic… esp Dijon which looks like a great exige cct… my hat off to your driving all round… excellent… even tho you probably hidden the other 7 hrs 50 mins of spins slips and trips…

As for the video, you are quite welcome to inspect all the footage for any screw-ups but I’ll declare them now as follows :
Dijon - being a big girl and not going fast enough
Magny Cours - as above, trying to kill the suspension going over the kerbs at the chicane (sorted that out in the afternoon by cheating ) and alternator packing in mid afternoon.
Spa - as Dijon, spin at La Source and trying to remove 3rd gear from the gearbox (without any tools other than a gearstick) on a few ocassions at the end of the Kemmel straight

Mike

Rock on…

The Wacky Races at Knockhill as usual. I think if someone used to the safely organised Bookatrack days, attended a track day like this, they’d wonder WTF was going on. Overtaking on left, right, between cars, under braking, through corners…

Mike, big thanks for helping me out with the petrol on the last session. Excellent videos too - Dijon looks worth a visit, and Spa of course. Next year!

You should see the stir it created whe I was trying to keep up with you and overtook somebody on the brakes and then spun out.

Amse yourself at Scoobynet

Uldis

Popped over.

Funniest moment of the day for me was you “passing” whilst I was behind traffic. I thought “What’s that loonie doing now???”

I made a point of some close bobbing and weaving behind you after that for laughs…before smokin your ass. Great fun!

Someday… someday…

The Wacky Races at Knockhill as usual. I think if someone used to the safely organised Bookatrack days, attended a track day like this, they’d wonder WTF was going on. Overtaking on left, right, between cars, under braking, through corners…

LOL

Just popped over to scoobie… everyone enjoyed… and there are some good pics, although only 1 of me… too fast to catch I reckon…

I still don’t like the passing anywhere and if i’m a slow coach then the fast guy can go offline and pass me where he can kinda thing.

I for one spent ages behind slow cars flashing lights honkin me horn (is that was that squeek is on my exige??) …