S2 NA + Mods

Damn those wheels would look good on mine…………………….

I didn’t notice them but now I have they are great!

The next thing on my list that made a huge positive difference to my car: Those Nitrons! Everyone knows they’re great, but they really do level-up the car.

I was concerned about changing the way the car drove from its standard setup to be honest - I really did feel very comfortable driving it quickly on track with the standard Bilsteins and I loved the way it felt on the road, but seeing trackday photos where the car was leaning so heavily made me wonder if it could all be a little better controlled… plus my Bilsteins looked like they had been recovered from the Mariana Trench. So I went with the NTR40 Fast Road setup from [mention]seriouslylotus[/mention] and I think they’re a great thing! I must admit I have them on about 4 clicks from full hard all the time, so I don’t have much room to make them harder if I wanted, but I find they’re just right at that, and I back them off a little on damp tracks which makes the car more forgiving.

They definitely don’t seem to have any negative effects on the car’s road manners, but they tighten things up when you’re really trying on track.

I settled for 120/120 ride height, corner weighted, and with all the front camber shims removed and quite a bit of negative camber at the rear too - pointy but not too snappy, feels alert and agile. For reference, my car is almost exactly 40F/60R weight distribution. Might consider adding an uprated ARB in the future, but I think I’m generally really happy with the way the car attacks low and high speed corners at the moment :slight_smile:

Crumbs, I must be going soft in my old age. I run mine on 12 clicks front and 14 rear!

Do you have the Fast Road, or Club Sport? I can imagine the Club Sport might be generally a bit firmer?

I have technically told a fib as I believe mine are NTR1 Hoffmans spec.

Cool - makes sense, I can’t imagine running my NTR40s that soft and I’m not exactly young either :wink:

I really can’t wait to have a play with my dampers… with all the effort put into the charge cooler this winter, the bit I look forward to the most is the dampers which took all of 10mins to swap over! Easy to forget I even bought them…

@Fonzey - are you booked on any track days? Me and my friend often like to go and play at Donington and also have one booked for Cadwell and Silverstone too… It’s very fun to play with the damper settings on track to really explore the difference! Sometimes even 1 click can change the way it drives fairly noticeably!

Next time you go [mention]matt447[/mention] would be good to pop along as well. I am not too far and I know [mention]Fonzey[/mention] isnt much further than me either …

I had 2x Angleseys booked - one already binned off (the LoT/Exiges one) and one is in the balance (supposed to be in June). I switched my LoT Anglesey to Croft later in the year- so fingers crossed for that.

As soon as we know what’s going on with lockdown i’ll be getting a handful booked!

I’m (hopefully!) going to Cadwell on 10th June and Donington (GP circuit) on 29th July. Both of those are with circuit-days.co.uk who I’ve found to be very well organised, not particularly expensive and they’re part of the Association of Track Day Organisers, so my insurance is happy too :slight_smile:

Cadwell scares me as a track. Its a bit tight in places!

If the VX220.org.uk day goes ahead that’s on 6th June… so might be pushing my luck a bit to be at Cadwell for the 10th. Just like to give myself time to replace consumables etc if required.

Donny on the 29th July looks attractive though, and I guess much more likely to be going ahead. I shall check it out!

The only time I’ve ever been was before I got the Nitrons, very standard car and it was lashing down in the morning. I was about the only car silly enough to go out and negotiate the rivers down the pit straight and actually… it was scary as hell… but exhilarating! The day cleared up late-morning onwards and I enjoyed it a lot. I took my friend out for a few passenger laps and made him feel so ill that he actually had to go home as even after trying to eat some lunch, his stomach wouldn’t settle and he had to retire for the day. Oops. :angel: I think that’s because the circuit itself is narrow and neither of us knew it very well, and I’m always a lot later on the brakes than he would like me to be, lol :wink:

< strikes matt447 from list of getting in a pride >

I have been loadsa times to Cadwell but not had the bottle to drive.
Donnington in the exige is my first track other than Blyton I should do , then cadwell. I fancy croft as well

Only car crash I’ve ever been in was at Cadwell, similar conditions - standing water on the straight, E92 M3 I was passengering in just aquaplaned 2/3rds of the way down and spat us straight into the left hand barrier. Hurt a lot, I’ve never quite been the same driving in rain (even on the road) ever since…

< strikes Fonzey off my list when driving in rain >

In fairness I do still have a love for Cadwell, but would never drive it with the enthusiasm I would attack Blyton or Croft or whatever. If It rains you can find me in the clubhouse on my eighth jacket potato

Sorry for the thread hijack [mention]matt447[/mention] but I have nearly stacked it twice at Blyton. Once on cold tyres at the wiggler where I was facing the armco. Some judicious use of right foot and oppo lock bailed me out of that one , then a huge 360 at 80+ at port froid due to some interesting alignment done by a local garage. I have the video somewhere.