S2 NA + Mods

New sports cat from 2bular?:laughing:

Just been on my first track day (Donington) since replacing the pistons in the front calipers, and changing to CL-RC6 pads all roundā€¦ and can I sayā€¦ Mother Of God! This thing stops like nothing else Iā€™ve ever experienced! :open_mouth: I was always of the opinion that my car had great brakes, but these are wicked! Very easy and predictable to use, can crush me against my harnesses when I stand on the pedal hard, and I havenā€™t managed to boil my fluid yetā€¦ I donā€™t care if these pads eat through my (cheap) discs quickly, they offer some sensational stopping power! Wowwee!

Yes, yes, Iā€™m aware the pad material may fall to pieces in due course, but Iā€™ll keep an eye on them. Thoroughly recommend trying them if anyoneā€™s in the market for padsā€¦

1 Like

And no, I donā€™t have any GoPro footage again todayā€¦ I didnā€™t put it in the car because Iā€™m having a bit of a confidence crisis at the momentā€¦ I did keep an eye on speeds through Craners - I saw 100mph on my AIM dash as I was following it round to the right, but then I cannot make my self turn into the left without a confidence dab on the brakes - taking the left at 90mph, then the old hairpin at about 73mphā€¦ Iā€™ve got a fair way to go, I think - the car didnā€™t seem remotely phased, but I just darenā€™t try it any faster right now :confused:

1 Like

Just checking if I missed the I HAVE STUCK ON THE LARGER THROTTLEBODY AND MADE 123HP MORE post.

However, I am quite sated by your Donington post.

I was waiting until this track day was done, before messing with my carā€¦ Iā€™ve now got all the bits, the BWR throttle body, the r9ktuned plenum, ported runnersā€¦ need to put them on and go to get it tuned, see what happensā€¦ Iā€™ll keep you posted mate - but I doubt itā€™s adding more than 7 or 8bhp in reality - but Iā€™d be happy with that to be honest :+1:

1 Like

Mine did a grand total of 3% ish increase.

As you are changing just about every item on the car baring adding a supercharger I think it might be harder to work out :slight_smile:

When TrackGroup built my engine, they said it was inlet-limited at present - thatā€™s my only motivation for exploring changing the intakeā€¦ If I take it to be tuned and it seems ā€˜betterā€™ then I shall be happy at the end of the day! :slight_smile:

I just wanted to make one of the best NA 2ZZs out there - I canā€™t really think what else to do after this to improve it further, soā€¦ :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Understand your rationale and will be following with interest.

Anyone want to buy a hugely loved car? Iā€™ve done something very silly!..

Whoah. I did not see that coming.

1 Like

Iā€™ll have your gearbox :eyes:

I didnā€™t see that coming! But tell us more about the new project caršŸ™‚

Already a queue!

Iā€™ll post pictures when I get the car, but Iā€™m buying a low mileage v6 Cup - and Iā€™m going to try not to do too many mods (how long is that honestly going to a last though, lol!?!)

It was when I was writing my last response to Andy above, that I said I donā€™t know what to do after I fit the intake and throttle body - and then it hit me that I suddenly felt like Iā€™d ā€˜doneā€™ - it was the weirdest feeling but I knew I actually suddenly wanted to do something different - and lifeā€™s too shortā€¦ soā€¦ yeah, here we are! New car thread coming within the next week when I get it!

2 Likes

Ill be interested to hear your s2 to s3 comparisons.

What a great buy for someone.

Good luck with the sale and looking forward to the next car :+1:

1 Like

It will be very interesting to get your views on the 2 carsā€¦S2 vs S3ā€¦ Iā€™ve had three S2 including two S2 NA and one Cup 260, and my brother has had three S3 including one V6S, one 380 and one 410. All to say that I was able to compare all carsā€¦and to be honest, whilst I love all of them and have to say that the V6 is very impressive, I always end up going back to the S2 NA which to me is the most engaging of all carsā€¦and hence the reason why I love it and would not swap it - for now :wink:

1 Like

What a great build, great price too! Hope you love the S3 :grinning:

Really excited to have agreed a sale to an absolutely fab buyer - called Ben. Heā€™s extremely enthusiastic and seemed to love the car, so hopefully might even be able to get him to hang around on Exiges.com too! Time will tell I guessā€¦ new car wonā€™t arrive with me until the 14th unfortunatelyā€¦ :confused:

Glad itā€™s going to a good home.