S2 NA + Mods

Great news!

Soā€¦ got in my car to start it to go home after work andā€¦ nothingā€¦ tiny tick from the starter and then all the lights went outā€¦ Had to get some mates to push it, then dump the clutch in 2nd gear and it popped into lifeā€¦ Iā€™m going to throw on a new battery to rule that out first, but Iā€™m certainly going through a rough patch recently, lol! :rofl:

In other news, gearbox was working great now! :rofl:

Brand new (very large!) battery installed and still have an electrical problem. Key in the ignition, dash comes on, fuel pump and injectors are audible, turn the ignition for the starter and it makes a ā€˜tickā€™ and then everything in the car turns off. I also noticed that if I just have the car turned off, turn on the sidelights - they work (but a bit dim?) and then turn on the headlights - all the electrics go off again.

Does that sound like anything in particular to anyone? I first thought ā€˜dodgy earth?ā€™ - but does anyone else have any ideas to add?

Iā€™ve asked TrackGroup to look into it, but thought Iā€™d ask on here in case anyone else has suffered similar previously? :slight_smile:

Thank you!

No problems before hand?
Sounds like an iffy starter motor to me.

Just had a brand new starter, due to it sounding like a dodgy starter in the first instance :frowning:

Hopefully just a wiring hiccup with the new starter? As itā€™s recently been changed, itā€™s a logical place to start.

Car is now with the awesome TrackGroup to be investigatedā€¦ :slight_smile: I hope to god that this is the last ā€˜hiccupā€™ it has for many, many years, lol!

MFRU!

FFS, MFRU!!! :laughing:

I was trying to express it all in acronymsā€¦ but yes, apparently the MFRU had gone on the fritz - putting my MFRU into another car gave it the same symptoms Iā€™d been having! So, a new MFRU later, weā€™re all good!

And againā€¦

TLDR, MFRU - FFS!

MFRU = PITA!

I have a spare one sat in a cupboard awaiting ā€¦

The roads are obviously cold and slippery at the moment, but Iā€™ve actually been able to use the car a number of times this year already - and itā€™s just wonderful! Thoroughly enjoying it!

In terms of updatesā€¦ I did get some CL RC5+ pads on there the other day to see if theyā€™re less squealy than my PF pads, and they are indeed much more agreeable with a nice pedal feel! They donā€™t feel like they have the stopping power of the PF pads though, but Iā€™m going to try them on a track day first to see what theyā€™re like when hot, before passing judgement one way or another :slight_smile:

If the car is going to play nicely now (in terms of reliability) then Iā€™ll get back to my project of mounting the r9ktuned intake and getting it mapped! :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Interested in the na gains!

Good effort getting out in the car despite the winter weather :+1:

My CL pads felt excellent with a decent firm pedal. They did recently start to fall apart though so Iā€™ll be trying out some Pagids next.

Had a brilliant time at Donington on Friday - car going really well - definitely need to start taking brave pills before trackdays as the car is capable of much more than I dare to ask of it!

3 Likes

Fantastic photos there! Really like the last one.

Lovely.

Any GoPro going?

GoPro was found at the end of the day in my helmet boxā€¦ of course it was, why wouldnā€™t it be? :rofl:

Going to have to be careful when I set off for the next track day that I donā€™t take my cat with me, lol! How the heck did she squeeze herself in here?!? :rofl:

If I fit , I sit

• Cats everywhere.