S2 NA + Mods

I’m after some suggestions… The latest thing to go wrong on my car (today) is:

The seatbelt warning light (and buzzer) on my dash suddenly started turning on mid-journey. It flickers on and off for a while, then just comes on constantly for the journey.

I can’t find anything ECU-variable-wise that can control this, so I’m assuming it’s a cable that’s going into the back of the dash that has started to go nuts… Anyone have any idea WHICH cable (or which pin on the dash input) it is? Mine is a 2004 cable-throttle car… (the car obviously does not have any sensors wired in to the seatbelts, and the light has always been off previously, to the best of my knowledge)

And it was all going so well for a day or two… :laughing:

My moment has come.

Pin B4 :thumbup:

There are probably two bullet connectors flapping around under your centre console somewhere, near the base of the handbrake handle. One of those could be grounding on something?

“Near the base of the handbrake handle” you say… for a man who has just had issues with his gear selection (me), that sounds like an area where sh*t may have been wiggled recently and is a jolly good candidate for a problem! :wink: I shall investigate!

Thanks mate! :clap:

Incidentally, I just love the fact that you knew the pin without hesitation. That just says it all :lolno:

1 Like

I was playing around with a £10 piece of vinyl the other day… I’m reasonably happy with the look! Will see how I feel about it in a couple of weeks and then maybe commit to a slightly higher quality piece of vinyl to replace it with :wink:

Everyone else is updating, so I thought I’d update too… Last saw my car on the back of a trailer, heading back to the good people at TrackGroup to sort out the gearbox - which sounds and feels very much like it has at least a dead synchro on 3rd gear… :sob:

FWIW, it looked very fine on the back of the trailer… but yeah, still broken… :disappointed:

Bah, not good. Synchro going is the worst… at least do it properly and smash a couple of gears or something.

At least it’s winter :slight_smile:

Yeah, I know - just frustrated… I’d only managed 200 miles since collecting the car after the clutch was replaced…. As you say, it’s winter anyway and I’ll get it back good to go for next year :slight_smile:

I think you’ve now overtaken me for “gearbox bad luck”.

I’m comfortable with that

Lol! I reckon we’re about ‘on par’ now… Let’s see what the next 12 months brings :wink:

1 Like

Should get the car back next week - it was indeed a dead synchro (and 1st and 6th were apparently also a bit dodgy, so have been done at the same time) :slight_smile:

Are you replacing synchros with OEM, or did you consider “upgrading” with carbon synchro ?

Just OEM… I’ve never had a problem before - and this was provoked by a dodgy clutch :frowning:

I haven’t heard great things about the carbon synchros, so good choice I think.

Getting the car back tomorrow! (Hopefully, lol!) While it was there, TrackGroup had a few issues with the starter motor so I asked them to just replace it for me…. And if you’re replacing, you may as well upgrade, right? :wink:

New Wosp upgraded unit fitted! :slight_smile:

1 Like

What’s a WOSP unit when it’s at home?

I feel like I need to upgrade mine now. It’s like a wish list generator this place …

Ha! It’s one of these:

Supposed to be a tiny bit lighter, higher torque… :+1:t2:

Perfect. Added to my list. Thanks!

Currently pacing around the house - apparently my car is on its way home so I’m very excited to have it back!

3 Likes

You must be !! Send us pics !!