S2 extended Diffuser

I am getting an extended Aluminium diffuser made up for Jamie, the length is going to be increased by 5cm’s and the fins extended by 3cm’s, would anybody else be interested.

would you require a hole for the exhaust?
Diffuser will be anodised and painted
Thanks

I might be interested as long as it doesn’t end up looking like this.

[image]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/jamieall/Lotus_exige_GT3-03-L.jpg[/image]

Would the central section still be lower than the side sections, or would it be flat like the GT3 one above?
I wouldn’t want the exhaust holes, but wonder if a naca duct could be added to try and get more air over the cat and U bend.

I’d also be price sensitive.

It would look like the standard one but just longer, I’m not a fan of that GT3 one aswell
it would be a lot more subtle than that

Cost Approx �190

I’m going to fit one of the Hangar 111 rear panel eliminator kits and see how it looks before I confirm. Hoping to do that on Monday night.

Cheers.

Fitting my new zaust and eliminator kit tomorrow

I’m going to fit one of the Hangar 111 rear panel eliminator kits and see how it looks before I confirm. Hoping to do that on Monday night.

Needless to say this has turned out to be more than a one night job. It took me ages to get the heat shielding out. I’ll finish it off tomorrow.

Needless to say this has turned out to be more than a one night job. It took me ages to get the heat shielding out. I’ll finish it off tomorrow.

can you post some pics when done please?Do you just do away with the heat shield?

marc.

can you post some pics when done please?Do you just do away with the heat shield?

marc.

I’ll sort out some pictures tomorrow.

marc.

No! dont bin the heat shield our friends in the US have been doing this but it is not advisable. Simply trim the back and sides of the heat shield off to make it unseen as I have done on my new zaust.

[image]http://www.996turbo.co.uk/exige/ExigeRPE1024.jpg[/image]

I’ve still to decide whether to do away with the middle stay or not. Also need to trim up the heat shield on the cat pipe to remove the flange. The main part of the heatshield just needs trimed to take it out of site, but as Jamie said I think its best to retain it to provide a double layer of protection for the boot floor, and to protect the suspension pickup point nearest the cat.

Nice work! got to say though with you dark coloured car i would be tempted to paint the posts black and maybe get rid of the middle one?
Like the gold of the zaust showing through

As a matter of interest, what is the “proper” reading of your number plate (or is it just a plate you use off road)?

Nice work! got to say though with you dark coloured car i would be tempted to paint the posts black and maybe get rid of the middle one?

I’m definitely going to give it a try without the middle post. I’ll wait until I get a new exhaust and diffuser sorted out before going near the paint pot.

As a matter of interest, what is the “proper” reading of your number plate (or is it just a plate you use off road)?

Its got a 2 in the middle. It was off a previous car I had and I just carried it forward.

I am getting an extended Aluminium diffuser made up for Jamie, the length is going to be increased by 5cm’s and the fins extended by 3cm’s, would anybody else be interested.

would you require a hole for the exhaust?
Diffuser will be anodised and painted
Thanks

i’m interested one,and i would need hole for zorst please.Any chance of a pic?

regards marc.

Sorry Osmond no pic as they are being made up especially. and be exactly the same as the standard one just longer.
I am picking them up on the 28th April but will still need to get them anodised and sprayed, but I’ll bring one to the Exiges trackday at Donny

And the fins longer too? right?

And the fins longer too? right?

Yep!

well of course

Anyone got any photos of the diffuser yet???