S2 Exige

Presumably, this is the finished article.

[image]http://www.strattonmotorcompany.com/images/Lotus/Exige%20Large.jpg[/image]

STANDARD EQUIPMENT

190PS VVTL-I Toyota Engine
6-speed Manual Gearbox
Black 16-Spoke Lightweight Alloy Wheels
Yokohama A048 Tyres
Servo Assisted Brakes with ABS
Cross-Drilled Brake Discs
Sport Suspension
Central Locking
Black Front Splitter and Rear Wing
Black Rear Diffuser, Exhausts & Side Air Intakes
Interior in Half Leather
Floor - Black Carpet Mats
Auxiliary Driving Lamps
Blaupunkt 4 Speaker Radio Fitting Kit
Blaupunkt Lausanne Radio CD Head Unit
Category 1 Alarm/Immobiliser

OPTIONS

Touring Pack to Include:
Carpet Set with Aluminium Passenger Footrest
Alcantara Interior & Black Centre Console
Electric Windows
Interior Stowage Net
Sunvisors
Blaupunkt Woodstock DAB Radio & MP3 Player

Performance Pack to Include:
Alcantara / Carbon Effect Race Seats with Logo
4-Point Harnesses
Cross-bar
Carbon Effect Door Inserts

Metallic Paint Finish
Extreme Paint Finish
Teflon Paint Protection
Twin Racing Stripes
Air Conditioning
Tracker - 24 hour Monitor
Tracker - Horizon

[color:“red”] Picture & details copied from Stratton Motor Company website [/color]

[color:“red”]Spot the difference. [/color]

[image]http://www.strattonmotorcompany.com/images/Lotus/111R%20Front%20Quarter%20Large.jpg[/image]

STANDARD EQUIPMENT

190PS VVTL-I Toyota Engine
6-speed Manual Gearbox
8-Spoke Lightweight Wheels
Servo Assisted Brakes with ABS
Cross-Drilled Brake Discs
Body Coloured Door Mirrors
Protection Tape - Clear
Front Mud Flaps
Central Locking
Gear Knob - Polished Aluminium
Handbrake Grip - Polished Aluminium
Interior in Half Leather
Floor - Black Carpet Mats
Lightweight Footwell Divider
Sunvisors
Blaupunkt 4 Speaker Radio Fitting Kit
Blaupunkt Lausanne Radio CD Head Unit
Category 1 Alarm/Immobiliser
Soft Top - Black

OPTIONS

Touring Pack to Include:
Auxiliary Driving Lamps
Carpet Set with Aluminium Passenger Footrest
Full Leather or Alcantara Interior
Electric Windows
Interior Stowage Net
Noise Reduction and Thermal Insulation Kit
Blaupunkt Woodstock DAB Radio & MP3 Player

Metallic Paint Finish
Teflon Paint Protection
Twin Racing Stripes
Air Conditioning
Body Coloured Hard Top
Black Wheel Finish
Tracker - 24 hour Monitor
Tracker - Horizon

Give me a clue??

S2 with roof and bits on - Servo brakes - thought they’d have tried to make it a bit more inspired in the body stakes. No news of performance upgrades or prices then yet?

Still looking forward to trying one out tho’ - can’t see them gettin’ an order from me

Good luck to them tho’ - they must try harder next time

Easy…

One’s silver, and the other’s not

Okay folks,

Apart from the fixed hardtop, there ain’t much difference is there? For my money, they are both aimed at a very similar market… which doesn’t include many existing owners who will be swapping their cars - right?

So why the hell did Lotus not call it the “Elise Coupe”, rather than Exige? This is of course a rhetorical question!

What’s the betting that a “proper” Exige will be announced some 6 to 12 months hence - 240bhp etc, etc.

My same thoughts Pesky.

Bloody marketing b@stards, I hate corporate people!, deciding what people need. want, and will have.

Anyway, to me that is as you say, an “Elise coupe”, nothing more.
I hope to see a real Exige S2 some time next year.

And then again, who cares!, we have the real thing!

Performance Pack to Include:
Alcantara / Carbon Effect Race Seats with Logo
4-Point Harnesses
Cross-bar
Carbon Effect Door Inserts

Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhhhh!

The harnesses should be standard on the Exige!

What about:
-different spring rates
-two/three way shocks
-hi perf 240BHP engine option
-lightened/stripped out chassis
-carbon fibre bodywork
-LSD
-Data acquisition system
-etc

Oh this has really upset me!

The roof scoop looks half-hearted, the lip at the rear looks like an after thought, the front splitter ruins the lines and makes the car look stunted, the side pods look v.cheap aftermarket (and not as nice as the std Elise S2) and the spoiler looks like one of those silly extra bits on a coat hanger that I’ve never worked out what’s it for!

I REALLY hope it looks better in the flesh!

Ian

ps. Central locking! PLEASE!!!

Guys, I’ve said it over on SELOC but I think it’s gonna be the Elise Coupe… The whole new carpets, C/L, E/W and AC thing is going to open the brand to a much wider audience, the boxster and audi tt lot essentially…

Ultimatly this is a good thing as Lotus will have more money to do more funky things and get a broader range of cars

Well that’s my 2p…

Plus I reckon a factory SC will be available for the exige in no time!

My wife quite likes it and asks if there’s space for golf bags!

I think that sums it up!

Ian

Plus I reckon a factory SC will be available for the exige in no time!

At extra money, hardly helping the already stretched value angle.

This is a road car for the track when I’d really hoped the Exige brand would remain a track car for the road.

Ian

let the battle commence…

Lotus will be changing their brand name to Lotisserie next, so as to appeal to a wider market…

I just noticed the word ‘carpet’… WTF ??

With ‘performance’ extras like carbon fibre ‘effect’ seats, it only needs proper furry dice to persuade the punters that they are gambling with their lives, and some of those lovely ultra-violet lights underneath to enhance the ground effect, and the TT brigade will buy it in their droves…

Before you know it, some misguided indian boy will have an elephant sit on the front of a renault dauphine, ram it backwards into a wall, bang it a few times with a hammer, and hey presto, a S2 exige lookalike to impress the girls

But I musn’t be too critical, in case one of the damn things turns up at a trackday and laps me!!!

What’s the betting that a “proper” Exige will be announced some 6 to 12 months hence - 240bhp etc, etc.

Pesky
I reckon you are right here… (well maybe it’s I hope you are right… )

Guys, I’ve said it over on SELOC but I think it’s gonna be the Elise Coupe… The whole new carpets, C/L, E/W and AC thing is going to open the brand to a much wider audience, the boxster and audi tt lot essentially…

RemarkLima
No way ANY lotus is going to compete with precision German engineering and sales backup from these boys…

No way ANY lotus is going to compete with precision German engineering and sales backup from these boys…

Plus the fact that you can’t get in and out of an Exige, and if they change that the whole chassis concept goes out of the window! That’ll put a load of Boxster/TT owners off, even before their other halves have their say.

I’d have forgiven them if they’d stuffed it full of power but fitted traction control to help the less skillful.

Did it really boil down to death of an icon or this??

They really should have made the M250, then they wouldn’t be trying to make the Elise into one and calling it an Exige.

Ian

Er guys… The people who buy Audi TT’s and Boxsters and the like aren’t buying them for aftersales and precision engineering, they doubtfully even know what an engine is let alone where abouts it lives!

They’re buying the car for pose value and maybe the odd traffic light GP but that’s about it. The toyota lump will keep it reliable enough and the S2 is a peice of pi$$ to get in and out of so I can’t see the Exige being to difficult (the sills are a lot lower).

The M250 is never going to happen (IMHO) but I reckon they’re gonna be something fairly mental, espirit stylee soon.

I really don’t understand the s2 Exige. If it’s supposed to be easier to live with than the S1, how come it comes with seriously hardcord A048 tyres that don’t work in winter, and why does it seem to have even worse rear visibility than the s1.
As for the styling, it’s nowhere near different enough from the new Elise. I suppose it’s easy to see why though: The S2 Elise already looks much more aggessive than the S1 Elise, and it has much improved rear lift. The S1 Exige was always critisized by the magazines for not being as fast as it looks. Certainly the top speed is a little disappointing. What they needed to do is keep the drag down a bit this time. Hence we lose the flared front arches and the overlapping rear clam. We get a smaller air scoop on the roof, and a smaller rear wing. Hey presto, suddenly they can claim it goes past 140mph with ease.
I guess this will help make it a better performing road car, as it should give better overtaking ability.
If only they made it lighter, and more powerful it would be really excellent.

Do you reckon that this car is trying to reach as broad a range of punters as possible, seems to be compromised for the track and compromised for the road - if Lotus cast the net too wide they’re gonna miss everyone . AO48s for just road use - listen to the wails when the rears need replacing after 3k miles

listen to the wails when the rears need replacing after 3k miles

Is that as in ‘Nick Whales’ rubbing their hands at about �400 a pair

I thought he meant rear-ends, as those tyres definately need more skill to catch and are decidedly dodgy when cold.

A rear clam and suspension is much more than �400!

Ian

ps. 3000 miles what are you doing??! I get at least 5k. That said, with the higher torque they may go slightly quicker on the S2.