S2 Exige Alloys

Original Black S2 Exige Alloys including centre caps.
As new condition.
Only on the car for 2500 miles.
�800 ono

[image]http://www.996turbo.co.uk/exige/S2ExigeWheels0.jpg[/image]

S2ExigeWheels1.jpg
S2ExigeWheels2.jpg
S2ExigeWheels3.jpg
S2ExigeWheels4.jpg
S2ExigeWheels5.jpg
S2ExigeWheels6.jpg
S2ExigeWheels7.jpg

I really like those wheels, they must be the nicest model around.
Unfortunately only 111R’s and S2 Exiges can use them, not even S2 Elises

I really like those wheels, they must be the nicest model around.
Unfortunately only 111R’s and S2 Exiges can use them, not even S2 Elises

I believe they will fit earlier cars with 20mm spacers for the rear. I’ll try and confirm that.

This is indeed true Will although I though it was 25mm!!

From a web search so it could still be wrong.

111R/S2 Exige: Rear offset: ET38
S2 K Series: Rear offset: ET18
Fronts on both: ET31

so they will fit as s1 exige with spacers???

so they will fit as s1 exige with spacers???

The PCD is different on the S1 and S2 so unfortunately you would neem a hub adapter, not just a spacer. Still possible, just not quite as easy.

dam will i ever find any track wheels

dam will i ever find any track wheels

Plans Motorsport have got a few last remaining brand new S1 Rimstocks for sale.
I bought a set fitted with AO48s for track days…not cheap though, nearly 2.5k.

cant aford that and audi conversion

Geary’s adaptors are about 70 quid a pair so only an extra �140 on top of the wheels

Will - yes you’re right m8, think I’ll go for 25mm tho & get the wiiiiiiide look

Don’t expect any sympathy (or flowers ) from Lotus the first time you disappear into the scenery.

Unless you mod is only planned for the Kings Road

Ruined ride, understeer city & margin of safety lost. Otherwise well worth it

Tim.

Sorry if that sounds offish, but its one bad way to ruin a great car.

Agree slightly with the adaptors (al;though I’m sure Geary wouldn’t sell them if he thought there would be any comeback as regards safety) but not the spacers - you aren’t altering any geometery by using a 20mm spacer to put the wheel back in it’s normal position Tim

As the front offsets are the same on all S2s you would only need one pair of adapters for the rear wheels. 20mm would be ideal. 25mm if you want to give the car that Max look

Spacer kits seem to be between �45 and �70. I think Geary’s are a bit more expensive because they convert the PCD from the unusual S1s to the more common 100mm.

you aren’t altering any geometery by using a 20mm spacer to put the wheel back in it’s normal position Tim

whilst the wheel “envelope” is the same you must be altering the loading as the wheel face is an additional 20mm off the original. I was always led to believe that spacers were poor engineering.

Yes but the original wheels were this far from the hub anyway the only difference is the piece of ally is not actually attached to wheel, in an ideal world I would agree that not having to use the spacers would be preferable but…

Now sold.

only difference is the piece of ally is not actually attached to wheel,

beg to differ here, but if its not attached to the wheel then it cannot be taking any load.

The wheel is taking the loading and the face of the wheel is 20mm from where is was designed to be…in some instances this can be critical, ie detrimental to the bearings, etc.

Ah I see what you are saying Steve but on the S2 the wheel would be where it was supposed to be since the use of the spacer is to put the wheel in it’s original place relative to the bearing, on the Exige/111R I would agree if you used a spacer it would be further from the bearing