S1 Manufacture

Does anybody know how many lefthand drive cars were made?

Regards

Tom

there were about 200 s1 exiges exported and 400 that were sold in the uk (from what I can remember) although someone might correct me, so I assume the 200 were left hand drive

Regards

Tom

there were about 200 s1 exiges exported and 400 that were sold in the uk (from what I can remember) although someone might correct me, so I assume the 200 were left hand drive

Correct, although because 200 were exported I suppose it doesnt neccessarily mean that they were all LHD.

Regards

Tom

Correct, although because 200 were exported I suppose it doesnt neccessarily mean that they were all LHD.

very true, but probably a big percentage of them were

very true, but probably a big percentage of them were

Agreed, i believe that in total 601 Exiges were built, 200 went abroad, god knows how many written off so really there probably not thet many left, especially decent ones, i lookde at loads of rubbish when i was trying to buy one…hence good examples still make good money and soon will be worth more than the more common S2!

Thanks,

I believe quite a few went to Japan (like the 340Rs which were also exported there) and these would be rhd. While there are quite a few Mk2s to be seen on the road here, I have never seen a lhd Mk1 in the north of Germany. Very rare animals indeed.

There is one Mk1 that is tracked by Red Motorsport (chappies from BAOR will know the guy) and another one is being tracked by Melkus from Dresden (Seriously quick guy)

I believe a few went to Switzerland to be thrashed around the mountain roads and a couple went to France. Perhaps Lotus can do a search of their records. If any results appear I’ll post here.

So hopefully we will see some future increase in value

Tom

Brooke Kensington reckon that they themselves have exported well over 100 RHD S1 Exiges to Japan…

Judging by the number orphaned V5s Simon has in his filing cabinet, I’m inclined to believe him!

The thing I don’t get about Japan is, we get a lot of grey imports here supposedly due to Japan’s very strict MOT and JDM cars being effectively worthless after 3 years. How on earth do S1 Exiges and 340Rs get through? Surely not all are track only?

I thought 4 wives and 3 divorces was quite normal - you mean you are supposed to stick with the same one forever!!

Tone. You must REALLY like wedding cake or something!

I may have the info in my other computer, but I can remember a factory visit when they were building the last of the Exiges - they had “found” a few extra parts kits! The chassis number I remember was 610 or 619.

Dug out my photos - it was a Sprint run at Hethel on 5th August 2001.

These guys had just returned from a night race (was it Snetterton?):

[image]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d121/stevegreen101/05-08-01HethelSprint045.jpg[/image]

and this one was having some major work done to it

[image]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d121/stevegreen101/05-08-01HethelSprint048.jpg[/image]

What’s the one in the front left? I’ve been looking to see if there are any replica kits for the early Lotus race cars (18, 25 etc) but can’t seem to find any info.

It’s in the right place to be the real thing!

I think it’s a Type 35 F2/F3 car. Not a 25 or a 33 as they have the Climax V8

Steve

These are nice

CLICKY

PS If you can afford a replica racecar you can afford �250 for Donny!!!

Steve

These are nice

CLICKY >

PS If you can afford a replica racecar you can afford �250 for Donny!!!

They are nice, very nice!!!

Usually have a stand at the Autosport Show at the NEC.

I’ll pay �250 for Donny when I can afford a race replica. Here’s hoping for a lottery win then

Interesting quote from the
JANSPEED website - go to the Motorsports page:

� Built the Lotus Exige power-train, (600 engines built)
177bhp motor

OE suppliers for the Lotus 340R power-train, (348 engines built)

Interesting quote from the
JANSPEED > website - go to the Motorsports page:

� Built the Lotus Exige power-train, (600 engines built)
177bhp motor

OE suppliers for the Lotus 340R power-train, (348 engines built)

Well spotted Steve!

Well guys, I don’t know if I’m too late in responding but we have at this moment about four S1 Exiges in Singapore (RHD and all upgraded to 190BHP), 2 Chrome Orange (mine is 495) and 2 yellow. Some others were reexported to New Zealand and Australia. Right now there are two for sale: Both yellow, one with more than 50000 Km and there is another one with a little more than 5000Km. Australia seems to have many Exiges.

Isaac