S1 Manufacture

Just checked and mine was registard 20/12/01, so is a nice and late one! car number 501

Mine seems to be #500, but was registered 24/03/2001… I hope nobody comes up with the same number…

an old post may exist, or I may have the info in my other computer, but I can remember a factory visit when they were buildfing the last of the Exiges - they had “found” a few extra parts kits! The chassis number I remember was 610 or 619.

• Lotus don’t you love 'em, be interesting to hear from anyone with chassis 584 or above…

If a register could be hosted witin the site that would be great, details I d suggest would be

Owner name and details
Car Reg
Car Date of registration
Car VIN
Manufacture Number (last three of VIN)
Car Colour
Factory fitted options
Third Party options/modifications
maybe a photo or two?

Maybe Lotus would confirm the final build figures?

Cheers James

James I reckon thats a really sound idea

If a register could be hosted witin the site that would be great, details I d suggest would be

Owner name and details
Car Reg
Car Date of registration
Car VIN
Manufacture Number (last three of VIN)
Car Colour
Factory fitted options
Third Party options/modifications
maybe a photo or two?

Maybe Lotus would confirm the final build figures?

Cheers James

how about:

• current mileage (and date)
  • number of previous owners

#595 - pre-reg’d 18/12/01 by Nick Whale. Alarm fitting date at factory 20/11/01.

Picked it up in January 2002 with 12 miles on the clock. Went looking in the run up to Xmas 2001 - Nick Whale had (I recall) pre-registred 4 or 5 cars - 2 new aluminium, 1 cobalt blue and 1 black which is now mine. Wonder what happened to the others - anyone on here ?

All cars were good spec - seats / harness / carbon airbox etc…

As Pesky says the Exige bacame non compliant with refrence to the emissions standards so eitehr had to be registered or put to some other “non road” use.

• Lotus don’t you love 'em, be interesting to hear from anyone with chassis 584 or above…

so any advances on 595???

Mine was registered 18th December 2001. Build number 496

The question is…who has 001???

Ours was registered 13th December 2000. Build number 408

Ours was registered 13th December 2000. Build number 408

Close, mine is 407 and was registered 12th Jan 2001.

As mentioned earlier, mine is 409 red’d 3rd Jan 01

Rob, Lotus must have had some Blue paint left over from our’s

Rob, Lotus must have had some Blue paint left over from our’s

Unfortunately not quite enough, cos I’ve some horrible little white bits all over the front clam/spoiler

My metallic black, sport seat, air con version is 312 reg 3-12-2000 to a guy at Lotus …

With the S1 Exige i dont think its possible to equate chassis/build nos with the date of registration. With the early slow sales many of the cars were specc’d by the factory without an order, & then sat around until the dealer(s) took an allocation. Then the cars sat in dealerships until the buyer came along an picked the best spec from what was available off the showroom floor. Some cars must have sat around for ages. I think this applies mainly to the cars Lotus started to build after the initial orders were fulfilled, & prob most then came with air con as ‘standard’. It’s likely that few folks will have a late build car for road use without air con as a result, or bought a car not off the shelf.

Of course i could be wrong…

Tim.

Oops, just re-read this thread from the start…& echo’d Peskys original comments.Sorry

Tim.

Oops, just re-read this thread from the start…& echo’d Peskys original comments.Sorry

Tim.

No need to apologise Old Boy - it’s nice to know that occasionally someone agrees with me

Mark/Simon/Pesky 407/408/409 production line buddies!

With the S1 Exige i dont think its possible to equate chassis/build nos with the date of registration. With the early slow sales many of the cars were specc’d by the factory without an order, & then sat around until the dealer(s) took an allocation. Then the cars sat in dealerships until the buyer came along an picked the best spec from what was available off the showroom floor. Some cars must have sat around for ages. I think this applies mainly to the cars Lotus started to build after the initial orders were fulfilled, & prob most then came with air con as ‘standard’. It’s likely that few folks will have a late build car for road use without air con as a result, or bought a car not off the shelf.

Of course i could be wrong…

Tim.

I think you have a point there, I bought my car new but pre-registered, serial No. is 086, but it was registered on Oct 2001.

It didn’t come with AC and although is a fairly early serial number, it came with the two bolts in the upper rear clam (behind the roof).

I know it sat around for some time (had to be more than a year, as they register due to a potential sale that fell through but they knew thet they had to register it anyway before end of 2001) until I came in June 2002 and bought it (good discont to get rid of it )

It didn’t have the sports seats or harnesses, and it was 177 spec, so I guess it was one of the ones specced without an order.

Funny how these cars were not selling at the time. But I have the feeling even now they would not sell as well as the S2.
People really seem to like the softer approach