S1 for sale .....gulp

Now don’t get me wrong and I hope it sells, obviously we all do but for £55k that advert is a bit crap.

Lotus history a driver fresh from big service incl tax chain
No race car…

Hmmm. Gotta agree there Jonny…
Looks like a scam

Maybe a rare Swiss person who does not speak good English, French and German.

Is that the famous aqua?

Yup! Calling Evosal, its time for you and Mr Santos to get busy again :laughing:

Even assuming the price is Euros (or Swiss Francs!) and not GBP - still looks a bit toppy.

And yes - advert could be better. :slight_smile:

The original swiss advert could be found here:

_[u]http://www.autoscout24.ch/4548502[/u]_

Even when adding some import taxes to the EU the price in GBP seems to be optimistic.

Nah that’s British racing green, only 1 aqua left now I think :smiley:

For sale since 4-5years

Does anyone knows this car?

Famous aqua?

The car is sold. As far as I know for the asking price!

Original owner may have been Bruno Schlumph. He bought his car new in 2000 & came over to the UK in it a couple of times in 2001. Most notably in Sept 2001 a few of us did a wet track day at Donington & Bruno lost it on his 2nd lap through Craners…iirc he managed about 4 x 360 degree spins on the infield grass heading towards the Old Hairpin. Fortunately no damage was suffered & he continued to enjoy the rest of his day.

Wow! :open_mouth: :clap:

Yeah right…whatever, lol

Sitting in the big garage now, then?

World record then ?
At that price there will soon be more Original Exiges. Than were made …quite like Elevens and Twenty Threes!
( psss…you want original chassis plate man?)

Wish I hadn’t broken so many up for spares now…id have been a millionaire :crazy:

How many have you broken? Were they all smashed up?

Has this LHD car sold? Given there are no cars for sale then globally it is clearly a sellers market.

The over heated UK housing market is hilarious as it’s people (mug punters?!) in fear of prices continuing to go up (and other factors such as buy to let and immigration etc) driving the pack mentality to buy. They are outrageously overpriced vs local salaries.

There are millions of properties for sale. In the UK it’s a rigged market by the UK government. When they meddle you know it’s ultimately doomed.

Come to think of it there are at any given time hundreds of thousands of classics for sale in the Western world. There’s even a 250GTO for sale if you want one.

However in the case of the Exige S1 I think it’s a warranted supply/demand wise market. Literally zero supply and plenty who want one.

These cars are now 17 years odd old. That makes them a true classic on every level.

The ad is still on PH. Has anybody tried phoning vendor to check?

You can offer me £100,000.01 and I won’t sell.

You can always find 100K, you can’t always find a mint S1 Exige.