S1 Exige Wanted

I’ve been looking forward to Lotus ownership for some time now, but not having much success with my search! Please PM me if you are thinking of selling your S1 Exige or know of any others coming up for sale. Cheers, Kevin :slight_smile:

Hi, just posted my for sale on this forum.

Cheap one just appeared on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lotus-Exige-S1-12k-miles-1-previous-owner-Unrestored-exceptional-example-/152587056551?hash=item2386e5b5a7:g:-bMAAOSw~e5ZQr2W

Be quick tho’ :smiley:

Will have to have about 10 miles on it for that money LOL

Ha, wasn’t that at £60k for the past 3-6 months? The owner is obviously still in no rush to sell, holding out for an investor with more more money than sense!

And have the more desirable motorsport seats with harnesses…

Are you looking for a standard one or modified (Honda conversion etc)?

I’d prefer an original car, with its matching K-series and good history etc. I dont mind if its had some mods and/or needs a bit of work (suspension refresh etc.). I’ll also consider a Honda SC conversion, but not looking for a converted Elise/Elige or CatD etc. Are you considering selling yours?

I’m considering selling but it won’t be a giveaway if I do!
It’s a genuine S1 Exige with a Maidstone SC Honda conversion and charge cooled running at around 360/370 bhp. I’m the second owner and purchased it in 2005 when the conversion was also done. 26000 miles but no service history apart from the after sales service and 1st service (5000 miles) after which it was raced in a gentlemans racing series (can’t remember the name off hand) until I purchased it and raced (from 2006-2010) in the castle Combe Special Gt series as well as a few rounds of the Lotus Elise Trophy series. It has original Exige seats, drivers seat belt, dash etc and is fully road legal. Comes with an EEC certificate of conformity.
Cheers. Mark

Anyone!!!

I’m still searching for an S1 Exige…

Any spec. / condition considered, including Honda conversions etc. I’m a private buyer with cash waiting, please get in touch if you’re considering selling! :slight_smile:

Why not have a look at the french Exige S1 that is still available at Leboncoin:

https://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/1153255558.htm?ca=12_s

It’s a RHD car and the cheapest on the market (although the GBP gets weaker every week).

So might be worth contacting him for more details on the car.

I believe that’s had a chassis replacement Klaus, I might be wrong though!

The car has been for sale for a long time now (at least since 11/2015). The ad disappeared and reappeared in the past.
User ‘Hifidelity’ wrote in another thread that he may provide additional information on the car. Maybe you can contact him via PM.

Yes, there’s something not quite right about this car. Had a new chassis very early on at Peter Smiths. I have got pics as well and the condition doesn’t really relate to the mileage. It’s relatively ‘cheap’ for a reason. I’d avoid like I did.

My Orange S1 is for sale but is in Hong Kong currently(the one you see on PH), I have consigned to a dealer to sell on behalf of me, therefore, there is markup on the selling price from him…if you are committed enough to bring the car back to the UK then you are welcome to shoot me a pm to discuss as the car is with me…good luck in your search!

Sam would there be any interest in the main dealer selling your car? Drove past last week and all they had was a green V6. Is it an actual Lotus dealership on the island?

Also and I say this on behalf of Sam, I’m back in HK October and would gladly look at (although I bet it’s perfect) the car if someone’s interested…

Hey Jonny, they are not the main dealer and rather more like classic car dealer…if you go their showroom they have all exotics there~~The main lotus dealer is a bit useless as the group(Richburg) is also selling other brands in the same showroom.

It does look a bit useless TBH Sam.

Bump, still looking for an S1…

There was 4 or so on Pistonheads around 55-60k, now there’s just 1.

Did you get to look at any of these cars?