S1 Exige R

Guys… Where can i find some sort of guide price for S1 Exige Rs (not elises) … Have any changed hands and if so for how much. Just trying to get a handle on depreciation and what you would expect to pay in the market and whether its better just to buy an S1 and get the conversion done yrself…

Wouldnt mind to know this b4 i pull the trigger and buy a different car.

Thx

Thanks

I’ve never seen an Exige R. What is it? An aftermarket conversion using a Honda Type R engine similar to an eRise?

yes thats right

Not aware of any Exige R’s being traded. To be honest, & for the foreseeable future, it will be a very rare occurrence if one comes on the market.

Given that only around 600 S1 Exiges were built (around 275 reg’d in the UK), & that they tend to be owned by Exige enthusiasts, not many come up for sale in any event.

I think you would have to look at each case on its merits. The quality of the installation will be highly important. Some of the conversions are a bit cobbled together alledgedly (?). An S1 with a blown engine may fetch �14-15K and a Honda conversion would be �10K so its cost someone nigh on �25K. I’d reckon that somewhere in the low to mid 20s would be realistic but again it very much depends on the spec of the car. I’d also be loathed to spend S2 money on an S1 car, but thats just me - no offence meant to S1 owners. I think S1s are very special cars in their own right, modifying them like this shouldn’t be done with any view to improving residuals - originality is king in my book.

thx pesky…

wheres the best place to look for one? PHs?

originality is king in my book.

And I always thought K was King

wheres the best place to look for one? PHs?

I don’t recall seeing ANY Exige R’s for sale as yet, however I reckon PH & this site are the most likely places they’d appear - but don’t hold your breath

What happend to this one is it still around ???

Exige R

Had forgotten about that one - converted with the “unfavoured” Prototype kit from the USA

did that one ever sell?

did that one ever sell?

Who knows - not heard anything of it since that advert?

What happend to this one is it still around ???

Exige R >

Manifold problems allegedly. I guess he may have been trying to slyly shift it.

Ian

I’d also be loathed to spend S2 money on an S1 car, but thats just me - no offence meant to S1 owners. I think S1s are very special cars in their own right, modifying them like this shouldn’t be done with any view to improving residuals - originality is king in my book.

None taken Bob, but S1s seem a better bet currently in the residual stakes, S2 prices have tumbled.

Originality is king to collecters perhaps, but the people wanting to enjoy their cars on track that means much less. I was very much with your thinking until I started to see the benefits of the modifications fellow owners were making. I had considered upgrading to perhaps a Noble, but why, when they already lap hardly any quicker (without a bonkers engine) and with a SC Honda in an S1 will take a complete licking.

Even Alister McQueen (part of the S1 design team) admitted to me that they had to stop somewhere and could have gone on improving it. If timescales, politics or costs are the driving force behind a component and hold back perfection (alright getting carried away, a cost effective step forward) why not modify it?

Ian

I think you would have to look at each case on its merits. The quality of the installation will be highly important. Some of the conversions are a bit cobbled together alledgedly (?). An S1 with a blown engine may fetch �14-15K and a Honda conversion would be �10K so its cost someone nigh on �25K. I’d reckon that somewhere in the low to mid 20s would be realistic but again it very much depends on the spec of the car. I’d also be loathed to spend S2 money on an S1 car, but thats just me - no offence meant to S1 owners. I think S1s are very special cars in their own right, modifying them like this shouldn’t be done with any view to improving residuals - originality is king in my book.

S2s will be trading below S1s before long… demand and supply… although i may be wrong on that.

besides S2’s have always been for hairdressers! no offence intended… i get my haircut 1 X a month…

This is all very interesting. I’ve got to admit that I haven’t even collected my car yet (one of the cheapest used S2s I’ve seen, only �2K more than some S1s) so I 'm no expert but the supply and demand comments are a very good point, lets wait and see what happens as the S2 prices drop a little further…

…and I only get my hair cut every 8 weeks (yes I’m a scruffy tw@t most of the time)

…and I only get my hair cut every 8 weeks (yes I’m a scruffy tw@t most of the time)

You’re very lucky to have hair…isn’t he SeanB?

This is all very interesting. I’ve got to admit that I haven’t even collected my car yet (one of the cheapest used S2s I’ve seen, only �2K more than some S1s) so I 'm no expert but the supply and demand comments are a very good point, lets wait and see what happens as the S2 prices drop a little further…

trust me. iam prob the most scruffy person here!!! hair or no hair!!! ha ha ha

i think the fact that not one single person has PM’d me saying have my S1 exige for a premium says quite alot about the state of the second hand S1 market!

bit like the 993 v 996 market? so its possible.

You’re very lucky to have hair…isn’t he SeanB?

LOL, I have no hair, because I shave it off. Its a weight shaving measure, as its easier to shave my own head than loose the spare tyre round my waist.

I do mine once a week.

I hope your going to get rid of your remaining hairs to cut the minute amount of drag they would create when I am using you as ballast in May!!!