S1 Exige R

I hope your going to get rid of your remaining hairs to cut the minute amount of drag they would create when I am using you as ballast in May!!!

I’ll even wax me legs

sorry to bring this up again guys… but so far no luck.

but the s1 exige market doesn�t really move fast and having seen price ranges from �16k ish (high milage and a bit tatty) to 18.5k for pristine lowish mileage cars… would it be better to go for a cheaper example more used s1 exige considering it will be a full conversion???

considering i will probably have to change the suspension, brakes and engine would it be better to go for a cheaper higher mileage car???

also… i have seen that there are a number of co’s offering the conversion at quite different prices. For example the Edwards bros can do it for under �7k??? (correct me if iam wrong) so why do people pay �10k at other places� .what�s the difference?

Can anyone advise as to a total package price for the Honda engine conversion, brakes and suspension? Just trying to get a handle on exactly how much (or ball park) the whole thing may cost using the most cost effective and reliable method.

By the way the car will be used almost everyday, for trips round Europe and on track. It has to be reliable ie no problems at all on a non stop 1500 miler trip. I know the Honda engines are almost bomb proof. I used to do big trips in my old elises (most weekends 500 miles or more) so iam up to it but just worried a bit about the reliability of a converted car.

Thanks in advance.

sorry to bring this up again guys… but so far no luck.

but the s1 exige market doesn�t really move fast and having seen price ranges from �16k ish (high milage and a bit tatty) to 18.5k for pristine lowish mileage cars… would it be better to go for a cheaper example more used s1 exige considering it will be a full conversion???

considering i will probably have to change the suspension, brakes and engine would it be better to go for a cheaper higher mileage car???

also… i have seen that there are a number of co’s offering the conversion at quite different prices. For example the Edwards bros can do it for under �7k??? (correct me if iam wrong) so why do people pay �10k at other places� .what�s the difference?

Can anyone advise as to a total package price for the Honda engine conversion, brakes and suspension? Just trying to get a handle on exactly how much (or ball park) the whole thing may cost using the most cost effective and reliable method.

By the way the car will be used almost everyday, for trips round Europe and on track. It has to be reliable ie no problems at all on a non stop 1500 miler trip. I know the Honda engines are almost bomb proof. I used to do big trips in my old elises (most weekends 500 miles or more) so iam up to it but just worried a bit about the reliability of a converted car.

Thanks in advance.

“�18.5K for pristine low mileage cars”…where???

You obviously havent looked at these ‘pristine’ cars…not for �18.5K!

Check out the S1 on Autotrader in Newcastle at �16k, thats probably a good bet for you if youre going to have a conversion done!

you have to buy the engine etc with the edwards coversion which would bring the price back up to the 10 k mark.There price is for fitting. Im having mine done by the edwards as i think there conversion looks the best without starting a debate.

Do the Edwards have a web page or smt…???

Check out the S1 on Autotrader in Newcastle at �16k, thats probably a good bet for you if youre going to have a conversion done!

That car has been for sale for at least 21 months now. I nearly went to look at it b4 I bought mine. It started off with a private buyer for around �20k If I remember correctly.

Bid em in the nuts - It looks ok from the photos?

It was a better spec than mine but it wasn’t ORANGE!!!

Do the Edwards have a web page or smt…???

Not smart but effective - www.lotuspower.co.uk

Ian

but no mention of Honda conversions???

Well if you had a long list of happy repeat customers, what would you do, fix your website or crack on?

Ian

Ian,
You know how it is.

Steve.

good point…but I hope there aren’t really that many repeat customers!

Customers can come for more than the same thing Steve.