S1 Exige for sale

Good luck with the sale Simon

Get your bid in, Steve!

My 4th S1 Exige :lolno:

Be sure not to miss it. And be sure to keep the bloody thing!

Cheers Thommo and Steve :grin:

Somebody got a bargain. I was higgest bidder with 2 mins to go but it went past where I’d set my limit.

Simon - well done on sale :+1:

Cheers Chaps

It went above the reserve, so am pleased.

Rather strange tinge of regret after 19 years. But hopefully she will get used a little more than I have over the last 2 years.

Got loads of S1 Exige spares which I will post on here for sale initially.

Have a great knees up at C&M !!

End of an era Simon :cry:

Pleased it went above your reserve though and you can now look forward to speccing your Emira :thumbup:

any plans with the Mac?

Mark

Well done SimonE , as long as you’re happy with the hammer price. Be interesting to know your thoughts on the emira when you get to drive it.

Hi Mark

Keeping the Mac for now, waiting to see the specs for the Emira it will def have the Merc engine tho’. Really looking forward to seeing it in the raw.

Btw missed you and Ted by half an hour at McLeeds Artura launch.

I cant help but feel that ‘new’ Lotus will be cutting their loyal, enthusiast owners and Indy dealers adrift tho’ - do hope I’m wrong.

Exige winning bid was where I thought it would be, but you have to add on another £2k buyer fee. I had got rather messed about trying to sell privately, hence I put it on CC. What value do you place on retaining your sanity. :slight_smile:

Sorry we missed you Simon :frowning: Hopefully have a catch up soon :thumbup:

Sadly that is the way of the world these days, driven significantly by a combination of consumer legislation and product liability.

Can’t speak for Exige buying/selling, but there is a large element of private “buyers” generally who seem to delight in messing people about…the 21st-century, virtual, Brexit/Coronavirus-blaming equivalent of the tyre-kicker of old, perhaps?

Glad you got a decent hassle-free sale and price. It was seeing yours parked at Donington
(and also Ted’s magnificent machine at a Norlog meet) that convinced me I had to have one.
Keep in touch.
PS: Might be interested in a few bits . . .

Good to hear the sale went ok Simon.

Have you not got enough spares to build another one anyway? :lolno:

Now that sounds like a plan :laughing:

Sorry :angel:

She definitely will. Once a few bits are done and MOT passed.

Forgot to ask Simon. Any idea what db she puts out on a static noise test?

Hi Ian

Good to hear from you matey, pleased to see you are on exiges.com - best Lotus owners ever on here :slight_smile:

Never had a db prob on trackdays, but knew where the monitors were located.

Cheers

Simon

It was probably the right time to let it go Simon. I felt the same about my S2 Exige moving to a Cup 250 Elise, but I didn’t get nearly as many years in as you.
Sometimes you have to move on in life, and it’s good to hear you’ve put a deposit on an Emira. That’s not for me until they take the roof off.
We’ll be waiting for you at NYLOC

Yep it needed a younger chap going forward, but I will miss the rawness and the sound of the VHPD on full chat.

Yep will def be up to see you NYLOC chaps in the not too distant.