S1 Exige factory colours?

I’m sure everyone knows on here accept me, so can someone tell me what colours the S1 Exige was produced in. And are some more rare than others? Do like black and white.

Do like black and white.

So does Benja

As does everyone else who has seen Ben’s fine example of an S1

Do like black and white.

So does Benja

As does everyone else who has seen Ben’s fine example of an S1

Cheers Rob. S1’s eh, they just keep getting better and better …as we spend more and more money on 'em

mines ‘Calypso Red’ code B03(not sure if thats the right spelling) know this as i got some touch up paint for a few stone chips, today.

mines ‘Calypso Red’ code B03(not sure if thats the right spelling) know this as i got some touch up paint for a few stone chips, today.

Aha Mark you must have Ed’s formerly Chris’s car with an Edwards conversion. I take it you are enjoying it then

I’ve seen (factory colours).

New Aluminium
Arctic Silver (on some late cars)
Titanium
Calypso Red
Mustard Yellow (often referred to as Spice Yellow, it’s a metallic)
Chrome Orange
Nautilus Blue (dark Blue/Green)
Laser Blue (mid-metallic blue)
Azure Blue (dark metallic Blue… on some of the early cars)
Black (not sure what black or whether it’s a metallic).
Aqua (again on a few later cars)
LRG

Those are the only colours I’m aware of. Lotus were intending to produce more Exige-specific colours, but didn’t appear to in production. It also seems that towards the end of the production run, some (or all?) of the S2 colours of the time were opened up (Arctic Silver, Aqua etc.). I’m also pretty sure that if there was any special colour you wanted, you could have it if you requested.

As such there are a few white cars floating around out there, even though I’m pretty sure that they were never offered as a production option.

I’m sure I’ve mised a couple, and people will be along to slap me around soon.

I did have an old brochure for s1 exiges which showed a little exige in every colour available on the back page, it certainly listed white as an option, i think it was called monaco white.
I cant understand why it was not more popular, i have only ever seen cars which have been colour changed to white, mine was originally new aluminium

[image][image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/Evosal/P1012597.jpg[/image][/image]

love your white exige it may be the colour choice i go for when respray time comes around.

So cool saw it at Oulton park a few months back very very nice.

They also did Quartz (in between New Ali & Titanium), & Cobalt Blue (darker blue than Azure). I don’t recall ever actually seeing an Azure Blue Exige (Motorsport Elise, yes).

Hmmm white

I am thinking about going for Audi pearlescant white

I am thinking about going for Audi pearlescant white

What’s wrong with “Mad Jock Stippled Yella!”?

Yellow is my least favourite colour

I don’t recall ever actually seeing an Azure Blue Exige (Motorsport Elise, yes).

Wilsons Lotus had one for sale back in 06, personally, it�s my favourite colour for an S1, bootiful…

[image]http://campbellbaker.homeip.net/stuff/Photos/Azure.jpg[/image]

David

Aha Mark you must have Ed’s formerly Chris’s car with an Edwards conversion. I take it you are enjoying it then [/quote]

Yes mate its the nuts, i have owned some very mad cars and still do, this one is by far my favourite, its so small inside and its like your playing grand torismo on the playstation every time you drive it, a right little racer!!

putting my own little touches to it now i.e carbon interior, proper HID lights to go with the twin light set up and a motorsport rear wing soon.

I’ve deffo seen an Azure Blue S1… or at least one that’s been described as Azure Blue and looked it (it may have been a respray or a Cobalt Blue).

I forgot about Quartz too… always thought that’d be a rather nice colour, but never seen a Quartz car.

Perhaps we need to start a sticky thread of standard-looking S1s in each colour (and maybe some aftermarket paint colours for comparison) so that prospective buyers etc can check out the options? Any volunteers?

Would have to be a mod/admin person with the ability to edit posts indefinitely so that the original post can be added to as new photographs come in.

Could make a cool thread

Not wanting to appear like an anorak, but on the 'Best Of British DVD (The Full and in-dept hstory of Lotus) there was a white X reg S1 in the Hethel workshop, the DVD was made in 2002.

Aha Mark you must have Ed’s formerly Chris’s car with an Edwards conversion. I take it you are enjoying it then

Yes mate its the nuts, i have owned some very mad cars and still do, this one is by far my favourite, its so small inside and its like your playing grand torismo on the playstation every time you drive it, a right little racer!!

putting my own little touches to it now i.e carbon interior, proper HID lights to go with the twin light set up and a motorsport rear wing soon. [/quote]

Ahh…wondered where that car had gone to!

Has it stopped chewing up CV boots and things yet ? I think it had a few teething problems in its early post-conversion life.

Hopefully its all sorted now and you can enjoy it properly!

Has it stopped chewing up CV boots and things yet ? I think it had a few teething problems in its early post-conversion life.

Hopefully its all sorted now and you can enjoy it properly!

I believe that was down to the way it was driven, rather than the conversion

Remember seeing a very dark purple S1 for sale at Caterham Midlands a few years ago, pretty sure it was the original paint job but could have been special order.