S1 Exige #501

MOT time is the most nervous I get all year. No idea why!

Panic over it passed

Can’t believe a year since last “owners cars” update… I’ve tried to post on instagram and link in Exiges.com regularly. But the S1 is heading back to Scott Russell’s for its annual service and MOT next week so know a year has passed.

I say it every year but I haven’t used the Exige enough but I’ve enjoyed it every time I have and had some fun run outs this Summer. This year I took the Aston down across France into Switzerland through the Alps and home via Italy so the majority of my available seat time was with a V12 rather than a 4 cylinder screamer but I wouldn’t be without it.

A few pics from the past 12 months.

Early morning summer blasts around my local Cotswold routes

Peak summer heat, near 40 degrees outside chasing a bit of shade!

And representing Lotus’ at the GRRC breakfast meeting at Goodwood

The car even made it onto the front cover of Absolute Lotus Magazine during the summer.

Continue to love the Lotus :+1:t2::+1:t2::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Fantastic update. Thanks for taking the time to post the picture and the write up!

I would definitely be nervous having the car on a two poster :dizzy_face:

1 Like

As per our quick natter via Instagram, it’d be great to get that car up to one of our meetings with the other 2 - @thommo and Les. And a return for that well-known plate too. Bit of a trek mind.

Pics look like Harry’s Garage roads :thinking:

Defo like to get the cars together, just finding the right opportunity, but don’t mind the trip up. Be fun to get them lined up. :+1:t2:

Oh and yes good spot is Harry’s route, he lives about 5 miles from me. It’s the start of a really nice 2 hr route…

Always happy to share your journey on the Exiges IG account…:raised_hands:

(Even if it is yellow :grimacing::smile:)

Well another year, I’m embarrassed to say only 700 between MOTs this year. But passed without any advisories or dramas and clean bill of health on the service too.

Still my favourite car… if we run out of petrol I’ll be happy still looking at it :heart_eyes:

![image|375x500]
(upload://8vIJaMn0A5x0NyXcUEyuIY1aGYg.jpeg)

2 Likes

A simply timeless fantastic looking machine. I do love my s2 but the s1 shape is almost perfect in my eyes

2 Likes