S1 Exige #501

Woohoo!
Post some pics

Not Lotus content but followed up the Exige outing with getting one car out of its winter hibernation and one I brought during lockdown and my first opportunity given restrictions up to now to have a proper drive. Has made for an eclectic days driving …

What do you think to the V12V?

Wow! Interesting range of vehicles :thumbup:

Still getting to know it, but as it stands it’s just brilliant. Mine is a non S Manual, so 510bhp.

Over time I’ve had 2 V8’s a 4.3 Vantage and a 4.7 with sports pack. The 4.3 was disappointing, lovely car but the period reviews are right, better noise than performance. The 4.7 was really good, with sports pack and associates lightweight wheels and carbon seats a genuine comparable period 911 competitor (996/997), great chassis, and with the weight savings the engine gave real punchy performance to match. The V12 while fundamentally the same car is just +10 in every aspect, it just feels “more” it has real depth to its character and genuine substance.

The V12 is per description really a hot rod. With a short wheel base and a huge power plant. It’s front mid-engined, naturally aspirated with fantastic chassis balance (vantages have never had a bad chassis), will steer from the rear through power (you practically sit over the back wheels), mind you It’ll spin it’s wheels (not intended) up to 3rd. All in It is a bit of a beast. The V12V was ultimate vantage for me, still building my confidence with it as new to me, but gear change is much better than V8’s, and feels more comfortable to reach which is odd as same location, performance is stonking as is noise. Brakes are phenomenal, have had to adjust as never driven carbon brakes before.

Sure faster/better cars but I love it. I brought with intention to keep it long term along with the Exige. I think both are a dying breed and V12 is at bottom of its depreciation curve now. It doesn’t need to make me rich but think it’s as safe a buy as any now.

May need to sell a couple of other bits to justify it along with S1 but my dream garage with that pair in it.

Thanks for that great reply. I had a V8V 4.3. Traded it for my V6 Exige. I have a small collection and would be happy to sell a few and have a V12 alongside the Exige.

Makes an awesome pairing, very very different, but both got that bit of magic. A few more pics;

Will need to clear back to justify them both but no immediate panic. Best with V6, never driven one but them seem to be looking better and better every time I see one.

1 Like

New team together today in the sun for first time…my dream garage

Dream garage looks like it could do a coat of paint​:thinking::flushed::joy:

Not normally to worried about personal plates but this one felt like it’d be the icing on the S1 Exige cake… (really chuffed - thanks Simon)

Weekend job to get plates fitted :sunglasses:

I’ve spoken to Simon for a year, discussing buying that plate if it didn’t sell with his car. How strange that he didn’t even contact me. :crazy:

Oh well, enjoy, it’s a nice finishing touch to a lovely car. :clap:

Oh sorry … In fairness I had done the same, as I think had others. I think likely I was just lucky when I picked the conversation back up …

It’s not a problem. Stick the plate on your car, add some Speedlines like you’re planning to and it’ll be my perfect Exige. You can then sell it to me and all will be forgiven. :thumbup:

:smiley:

Ha ! :joy::rofl:

Just to clarify.

I had 6 folk after the plate.

James was the only person who made me an offer, which I considered fair and accepted.

Last thing I wanted was the hassle of another auction. :slight_smile:

Sorry if some of you are disappointed.

Enjoy your Exiges.

New number looking good on the car :sunglasses:

Have a small plate and MOT friendly one as options for the front with a Velcro mount so easy to swap.

Perfect. Very jealous :thumbup:

Very nice. :sunglasses:

Wish me luck - MOT time. Throwing in a Cambelt change and full service for good measure with Scott-Russell Sports Cars, haven’t used it anything like enough this year, but plenty more road trips to come…