S Wales Track Day with Andrew Walsh

Yep, afraid the day is limited to four cars and the places were all snapped up within 24hours - don’t know about viewing tho’ - I can find out if you wish??

I know that the day is limited to 4 cars, I don’t want to track the Elise anyway (its my daily transport) Just thought that it might be a nice day out, Besides, the Exige on track is far better in my opinion.
Please let me know if “viewing” is not permitted as it’s a long way to drive to be told to stay outside
Cheers Steve.

Steve

I’m sure we are able to arrange some “viewing” - especially from inside … I think that the day is a normal Llandow 65 quid a car day and Andy uses the track for the tuition - at least thats my guess at it

I agree, and you’re welcome to come out with me, though it’s not a normal day, because there will only be the four cars…

I have done Llandow quite a few times, and it is a good laugh, though not too much room for my obligatory spin off!!

Yep, you are defo welcome to ‘go around’ with me!!

Cheers guys,

I’ll bring my camera,

See you there,

Steve.

Pending weather. Currently doesn’t look too bad.

Circuit guide

Anybody know if the noise limits are in place for our day?

Ian

Ian

It’s not that kind of circuit!!

I assume you mean on the noise?

Ian

Yep - as far as I know there has never been a noise meter in evidence, but then it is a long way away from any houses…

You will enjoy it !!!

Not unless I can get he car fixed! (see other post)

Assuming I do, do you know if there is Shell/BP/Super nearby?

Ian

Anyone going down to watch?? (Steve E)?

I may well go (fancy a day off work in the Exige!). Steve, drop me an email if you fancy meeting up Friday to go down.

Giles

Giles is your car black?! That may make it frankly scary! THREE OF THEM!

Ian

3 Black Exige, Make for a nice Picture,

Wonder how they would all look with a front splitter!

Giles, You Have Mail.

Steve.

3 Black Exige, Make for a nice Picture

Something to do at lunch.

A black, gunmetal and Ali pic could look quite good too.

Ian :slight_smile:

See you all tomorow guys,

Giles you have mail (again)

Cheers Steve.

I assume they e-mailed you all to say it’s now 10am?

Apparently there’s fuel (although I know not what type) within 10 mins.

Ian

Hi Ian,

Try this link www.mapzit.com/stations/petrolstations/valeofglamorgan/
If it works it should show you most of the local petrol stations.

Cheers Steve.

Lookin forward to a great day…

Yes Ian - I got the 10:00am message.

See you all in 13 hours!!!

Well, from what I saw of it, a very splendid day was had by all.

The circuit is small but, especially being a little damp, had lots of interesting types of bends. Andrew Walsh has a great laid back way of spotting the important bits of your driving to change and building you up to faster and better driving (and if you’re really lucky/unlucky he’ll show you what your car CAN actually do).

It was great to meet Ben, and thanks for setting the whole ball rolling, but HUGE thanks has to go to a few Exige stalwarts - AndyD, Mr Edwards (the younger) and Mike Lane (plus Pesky, who wasn’t even there!). I’ll explain.

Having thought I’d cured my starting problem, I headed off to Wales (you can guess, I hadn’t). I stopped to fill up 15 miles from the circuit and the friggin’ thing wouldn’t start! The AA guy, who was very good and gave it a good old go, couldn’t get it going. Pesky furnished me with the necessary mobile numbers and once contacted the other Exigers kindly came to pick me up at lunchtime and trailered me to the circuit. While I had a quick run in Andy’s car, he and Steve fixed mine, in a matter of minutes (I’ll give details in the ‘Won’t Fire’ post in Q&As in a mo).

While I was waiting, Pesky called me back (which was very much appreciated, thank you), and I was surprised, that after 4 hours stuck in a petrol station, I was still putting a brave face on it all. The moral of the story? - The cars we drive may sometimes let us down but our fellow owners are of much better character.

It struck me on the way home that this forum, and more over, the nature of the people that contribute, have led more than just me to make that final step to purchase; I met another one today, Ben. And if that’s true, and you’re just looking for a mercenary reason to post on here, then consider what it does to value of your car. Keeps it up, I’d say!

Thanks for the enhancing the ownership experience guys!

Ian

ps. Steady there Ian, getting deep for a mo!
pps. I have awarded you stars gentlemen. The least I could do and you more than deserve them!

I have to say that Andrew was very good at helping me to understand what was going on, and then giving me a game plan to overcome difficuties - first class!!

Ben was indeed a great find and I hope he will come along to our get togethers more often.

Ian, I just turned on my old mobile and got your message from the petrol station - send me five pounds and I’ll delete it