Ronin Supercharger Install Results

Looks good, nioce power curve!!

As said earlier though Audi power with a 4 at the front is for real men!!

The only way to work out what has better power is to get some cars together same day same rollers, I can and have made an extra 10hp DIN corrected because it was colder that day, DIN correction is not infalable, I have posted hub based DIN corrected figures for the Gotham + Proalloy of 264hp, I don’t trust Dyno that then try to go backwards to give you a true Flywheel power as it is so easy to skew those figures to read what you want.
I have also been shown how to change the power readings on TDi’s hub based system to read a higher power (it all in the setup)
As I said before same dyno same day same operator is the only way to see a good comparison.
I’m up for it anyone else brave enough to bring a komotec a std car a Gotham and so on?

Both my dyno’s were done using the same profile and engineer. I’m not really bothered about the final bhp figure as all I was interested in was the difference between the before and after. The Katana is quoted to give ~50rwhp gain and thats exactly what I got for my money. Even if I’m 10bhp off I’m extremely happy with 244bhp Besides, I can always go down the charge cooler route at a later date…then I’ll be too kool for skool

I agree with you numbers don’t really matter, my car is such a different animal from what it was. I’d just like to silence the doubters for once

I would be up for that Ade.
Mines a Standard 2006 S- 38,000 miles- at the moment that is.
Would be useful as a reference point I think.
Midlands based

It’s a start, hard bit is to organise the day and make sure we get all the expected cars. This might be easier to organise via Seloc but I’m not sure…

I’m not really bothered about the final bhp figure as all I was interested in was the difference between the before and after.

Ding, ding, ding, too much bollox/pub talk about figures, especially for road use, & when the driver’s skills are somewhat lacking. I once again refer to DaveP passing, & leaving me in his wake, at the recent Donny day, & me having around 50bhp more than him.

I agree with you, but I use my extra HP to make up for a bit of my lack of talent

I agree with you, but I use my extra HP to make up for a bit of my lack of talent

Don’t we all, but it doesn’t matter Jack Shitt whether we’ve got 280, 290, or 300 bhp in practice does it?

I’ll be the first to admit that bhp means very little other than when you need raw straight line speed.

I invested in Nitrons & decent brakes for 2 years and did lots of walshy days and track days. I became very frustrated this year on track days where I was alot faster in the bends and cars refused to pull over on the straights or I didn’t have enough grunt to get passed them. At Bedford in July I was easily quicker than two Exige S’s that turned up but that was purely down to knowing the circuit and not braking 200 metres too early. The long straight at Bedford really does penalise you if you don’t have enough grunt.

btw - I’ll be up for a dyno

I’ll be the first to admit that bhp means very little other than when you need raw straight line speed.

But the point is, that this obsession with measured absolute figures, is bollox, & meaningless in the real world Even in racing situations (eg LOT) extra bhp doesn’t necessarily get results - Tarmac Terrorist is probably the best example of driver talent winning in the end, & he’s been proving that over 2 seasons with 2 different cars

But there is quite a difference between 220 and 300
Just wish I could remeber to change my suspension setting before each track day, then i might be a bit faster.

But there is quite a difference between 220 and 300

Of course there is, no question about that (on paper at any rate), but this discussion has been about 5 or 10bhp on a bleeding dyno!

Will (& his circa 210bhp S2?) isn’t as quick as he is, by just twiddling with his set up is he?

After being out with him he has something I don’t “talent”
5 or 10 hp makes little to no difference at all especially at a dyno, you are better off removing weight than adding a little HP, reminds me to go on a diet

Don’t we all, but it doesn’t matter Jack Shitt whether we’ve got 280, 290, or 300 bhp in practice does it?

Now now…what if the guy is now puttin down 459 rwhp and 310 ft tq.

blacktoy glad you like your kit…

Now now…what if the guy is now puttin down 459 rwhp and 310 ft tq.

Then he better hope it doesn’t rain

Seriously though, great numbers Frank, but must be scary on the road?

Must be scary anywhere, with that massive timebomb right behind your head

Must be scary anywhere, with that massive timebomb right behind your head

You should see the one between my legs…

You should see the one between my legs…

I’ll give that a miss, Frank, but thanks anyway

Dude you should see this thing move…totaly mental…

of course on the day I want to street tune it rains…hell it hasn’t rained since Feb. Yeah this is totaly nuts and I will turn down the power but it’s so cool knowing it’s there…