In summary: 254bhp & 161Lb/Ft

Before: 175bhp at the wheels
After: 226bhp at the wheels

Mods:
K&N Induction Kit, Larini Sports Cat & 8" x 24 2Bular GT3 exhaust

Goes like a complete bastard.

Independant Dyno done:
[image]SELOC | Lotus Enthusiasts Club

Looks like a good result. Nice linear power delivery too. Is this the basic Katana kit without intercooler? What about the map, was that specific to your car, or a base reflash?

Enjoy, I’m sure you already are

Basic Katana kit with base flash. The engine has done 49,600 miles so it’s slightly looser than most, it was also running shell V-Max. Sinclaires now offer the kit with a K&N induction kit which increases bhp slightly.

How is it possible that the power delivery becomes so linear? It even looks like the torque is dropping slightly when the different valve lift kicks in. Or is just nicely fitted with the efficiency loss s/c have at higher revs?!?

Power delivery is down to the new ECU map, it really is super smooth and endless up until the rev limiter.

Acceleration in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and even 4th is laughable, I can’t imagine what those 350bhp S/C honda’s are like…

glad you are pleased with it, you should try it with another 50hp like mine and as for the SC Honda’s they are mighty fast, still the fastest I’ve been in is Wayne from Proalloy’s Audi turbo S1 that was mad fast…

Sooooo tempted! Need to learn to drive like Will first me thinks before splashing the cash…However running ITG Maxogen, 2bular manifold & sports cat along with 8" GT3 zorst how compatable is this with my existing kit? And how much, still close on �4k

So is it a different supercharger to the one the exige S uses? good result btw!

I have Induction, Larini Sports Cat & 8" GT3 and got 254bhp - the kit should be compatible with your mods no problem.

Uses the Eaton MP62 supercharger which is the same as the Exige S…

Uses the Eaton MP62 supercharger which is the same as the Exige S…

So out of interest is the re map used the same as the Gotham? if not why not and could that map be used on the exige S? The results seem better than those from the Gotham tune. I assume the inlet manifolds etc are similar to those on the exige S so only real difference must be the map and injectors? Obviously the S is intercooled aswell.

Boothy

It’s a different map I believe than the Gotham. You could argue whether the intercooler on the Exige S does anything at all other than act as a heat sink. I believe Lotus are ditching the Intercooler on future stock Exige S installs…they’ve already done it with the Elise SC…

I was expecting 240bhp on a stock engine with the Katana kit. The induction, sports cat and exhaust are worth at least 10 extra ponnies…Sinclaires reckon further gains with a 4-2-1 manifold.

I have a Gotham ECU and injectors on my standard Exige S and got around 245. I suspect it’s more as the dyno I was on was dropping a couple of bhp per run due to heat.

Bet you are pleased with the results!

It’s a different map I believe than the Gotham. You could argue whether the intercooler on the Exige S does anything at all other than act as a heat sink. I believe Lotus are ditching the Intercooler on future stock Exige S installs…they’ve already done it with the Elise SC…

I was expecting 240bhp on a stock engine with the Katana kit. The induction, sports cat and exhaust are worth at least 10 extra ponnies…Sinclaires reckon further gains with a 4-2-1 manifold.

Lotus are using the Elise SC set up on the exige S 220 in the USA now, not sure if there are plans for that here? That uses a different charger tho.
I must admit as to being confused why the map on the katana needs to be any different to the exige S and why you cant just use that map in an exige S, also I am not sure how the induction kit works on a katana and yet is not advised on an exige S as the self learn is in place on all maps (std S/gotham/katana).
Hopefully somebody technical can explain it
After looking around for mods for the S the only kit that seems to get good results and actually have din corrected dyno figures to proove is the komotec 280s and you have to buy all that in one go

Boothy

After looking around for mods for the S the only kit that seems to get good results and actually have din corrected dyno figures to proove is the komotec 280s and you have to buy all that in one go

Boothy

And it,s so damn expensive

My dyno’s were DIN corrected. TDi don’t use rolling roads they use these clip on machines that cost �250,000 each per wheel.

Boothy

And it,s so damn expensive

Ring Sinclaire, they can now do a kit like mine, this liberates around 300hp and there hopefully is more to come
You can’t use the katana tune on the S as there are some differences IE DBW and position of the AIT,
We really need to get a few cars together for a rolling road day to see what is the best conversion out there…

The 300 bhp you have sounds very interesting Ade.
I suspect its not cheap
Do you get any heat soak at all now ?

ade I’ve got to stand by Boothy, also having been in MarkyB’s car there is nothing in it! Marky would benefit set up wised and both me and him a touch more bravery. �’s compared Katana is the way to go also it’s history (USA)temp wise reading such like is excellent…std it’s the way to go…although I’m still waiting for my question to be answered…how much?

Seen the Katana din corrected figures obviously on this thread but not really seen anything from TDI fully din corrected for the Gotham.
If the Proalloy chargecooler plus Gotham can really give around 280bhp then it seems like a better option than the Komotec (plus cheaper) just not seen din figures to proove it as yet.
The katana seems like a really good kit, just no point for me as I already have the S, its just interesting to see the results as in theory an S should get similar results for very little work.