Rolling Road Results

You know Simon I cant help thinking the issue is cam timing … Will let you know what I find out with mine …

Cheers Miniman will be very interested to know your findings… Performance on the road still incredible tho’…

Your propably right there Andrew, Dave Walker mapped my ECU on the rolling road, peak power was 174BHP, a quick tweek on the cam timing lifted to 202 !Phil

Trudy aka Phil - this sounds like music to my ears - play on… Phil did you notice a distinct improvement?Simon

Simon, I should have pointed out that this was after the first round of modifications on the engine, it wont happen on a standard one,With cam timing and Emerald ECU, 190 is achievable on a standard engine.The difference was very noticable, much more torque lower down the rev range, easier to drive etc.Phil

Trudy / Phil - what timing are you using? 110 - 130?Cheers

Mark,130 inlet and 110 exhaust on the 1227’s DW set them to 130/105 on the rolling road during the mapping but during this rebuild i set them 130/110.

Thanks Trude [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/grin.gif[/image]

Thanks Phil Think a call to Emerald will be in order sometime in the future. Car going into Nick Whales sometime in March for service - they say they will give it the once over…

After the rebuild of my engine last summer, it was dyno’d at 187.7 bhp at 7,486 revs and 146.4Nm at 5,749 revs. The chart ends at 7,486 revs so i don’t know what would have happened in the last 500 revs if it had been taken to the limiter.In the original Exige brochure the figures for a 177bhp version were quoted as 180ps at 7,800rpm and 172Nm (was this a typo and should have have been 127Nm?) at 6,750rpm.In the early days there was alot of confusion about what a 190 upgrade consisted of - dealers and Lotus themselves would quote different things and the only real way to know what you got was to see the invoice for the parts added/swapped as part of the package. Different people went for different things.Theres a really crude quick way to see if you have the 190 ECU - remove the service hatch on the rear bulkhead behind the seats and look to see whats written on the box - have a look in my owners details and one of the pics shows you what I mean - its handwritten in pen!

Stevemax engine revs were 7210rpm, max torque 127.2lb/ft @ 7064rpm. Looks like am just about getting std figures!! - so looks like am missing torque and revs as well. So the upgrade looks essential if you want to achieve std spec [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/wink.gif[/image] !!

SimonIf MAX torque was at 7000 revs there is really a problem - that just cannot be …Either that or something was wrong - slipping tyres etc etc

Its not possible to mix up inlet and exhaust for the 190 cam pulley is it ?

Miniman I reckon there is something a bit suss here - am looking at chart now - top speed 118mph!! - no way - if you mail me off line with your fax no - will send you a copy of the printout.

Andrew, I’m back with a new logon as my old ones dont work anymore [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/frown.gif[/image] It is possible to mix them up but you would certainly know about it bigtime !!I suppose one of the cams may be a tooth out.Phil

SimonI see no e-mail - but my fax is 01527 570458Cheers.

Simon118 - could be if he ran it up in 4th for the power run …

bit late i know,we had vast differences in power with mine and another exige on the same dyno, set up by the same race mechanic, identical tune and a difference of 10 HP on the two cars. both were fitted with the 190 HP kit and the one produced 188 and the other 198.Propably the Wednesday and Friday engine build scenario.

Simon - should also rev to 8000 with the 190 Upgrade (7800 standard)Jason - Now those figures look more encouraging ! I’d even take the lower one!Cheers, Tim

Might be worth checking that the throttle cable is correctly adjusted and fully opening?Cheers, Tim