Right, off to Scotland on Moday.....

They don’t want us up in the mountains anymore , so decided to show me bird Scotland. Will take the ferry to Edinburgh…so, can’t pop in down south…
unfortunately, not much time…so, I thought to go to Mull and Sky…any thoughts on that?
How long does it take me from Edinburgh to Oban? (with an Exige that is… )
laters,
Bruno

Great stuff Bruno

Hope you & Renata have a brill time

Sailing to Edinburgh - are you sure?

Rob, cheers, erm…course you’re right, it’s a port called Rosyth? getting a bit too excited 'suppose…
when are you coming to Switzerland? you promised that for ages…
laters,
B

Bruno, me old mate

My sister has recently bought a little place in Les Carroz (near to Chamonix), & we hope to use it next summer

So, with a bit of luck, we should be able to meet up in Switzerland

PS Do you know where a certain footie ref lives? Only kidding

Rob, brill news…
we really should be able to sort something out then…
erm…regarding the ref…why are ya asking?
laters,
B

Bruno

when… ?? dates times of arrival… we could maybe meet up somewhere??

Rosyth to Oban is about 1.5 hours dependin on your route…

If you don’t have much time then I recommend you stay on the west coast as you are suggesting. Mull ain’t much good in itself for DRIVING but it is a bueatiful place and worth a visit for sightseeing. The road trip to Skye from Oban is excellent with some awesome scenery and driving.

You could do a loop from Fort William on A830 to Mallaig then ferry to Ardvasar on Skye then drive round Skye to the Skye Bridge A87 Kyle of Lochalsh and from there you have choices depending on how much time you have.

THe A830 to Mallaig is fantastic driving and scenery (you might meet Jimiroqai or some journos testing exotica on that road.

let us know

Rox, good to hear from ya cheers, for the excellent tipps
We are landing next Monday, 10ish AM me thinking… unfortunately, have no mobile but suppose the best thing is you giving me yer phone no. offline (e-mail <[email protected]>) and I try to get in touch with ya 'cause I have no bleeden idea at what time we will be a specific place due to sightseeing and all that… well, you know how women are…
would be cool to catch up…
laters,
B

Rosyth to Oban is about 1.5 hours dependin on your route…

Rox, I know the Exige is quick but 1.5 hrs from Rosyth to Oban more like 2.5 to 3, plus there are some fantastic roads over that side , infact probably some of the best in the UK, depending on the route taken, just watch out for the logging trucks, they drive like maniac’s, you cant miss them as they are usually on both sides of the road at the same time.

Dave

Dave

I’ve never driven that exact route so you could well be right… but I have driven all the roads involved and reckoned the following

Rosyth to Stirling A985/M9 about half an hour ??

Stirling to Oban A84/A85 about an hour ?? but looking again this might be a bit longer esp if heavy tourista laden… (say 45mins Stirling to Crianlarich then another 45mins to Oban??)… just what the exige was made for…

cheers, Dave…will just overtake them… only problem is that I’m sitting on the facking wrong side of the car, am I… those of you who remember the famous northern gang with Mr Whitter leading and the other nutters(you know who you are… ) trying to follow him and overtaking everything…and me struggling a bit…
will never forget that brill scene on long straits when all those Exiges pulling out simultaneously…great stuff…
laters,
B

Rox, thanks for the detailed time sheet…spot on mate… will try to give it a go…
erm…what about those poxy speed cameras???
does anybody know where about they are? do they mobile one’s as well(hiding behing bushes and all that or are there only stationed ones with warning signals…which is by the way, very kind me thinking
laters,
B

erm…speed cameras in western Scotland anybody?
hopefully, it is not as bad as down south?
cheers for any infos…
Bruno

PS: Rox, did you get me email?

Bruno I’ll crosspost this to Scotish elise’s and let you know what they say, I’m not sure, but I dont think there are any speed cameras up that way , apart from the A9, but you probably wont be on that road.

Dave

Cheers, Dave, nice one…
laters,
B

The consensus is that there are no fixed speed cameras however they may operate mobile cameras and unmarked trafic cars , however keep your eyes peeled and you should have no problems, enjoy the roads.

Dave

oi Dave, you made my day…that is very good news…
thanks again…
laters,
B

Bruno

I agree… very little or non-existant speed cameras provided you stay away from the A9 (East coast Stirling-Aberdeen etc) and central belt (main drag between Glasgow/Edinburgh)… so take it easy getting from Rosyth to Stirling

Otherwise
keep your eyes peeled for mobiles (not a big risk) and unmarked cars (quite a big risk ). In particular on the A84/85 where you will be there were reports of a Silver Skoda Octavia and in Glencoe there were reports of a Green Volvo recently.

However - I think if you use your head you will be fine.

Cheers, Rox, gotcha…
have a good start today…
off we go…
laters,
B

Have fun!

you’ll love our roads!

I was in Scotland for the US holiday this past weekend and loved it! I was driving a hired Focus 1.8 and was overtaking all over the place! Drove from Edinburgh up to near Elgin (had to visit The MacCallen) then headed down to St. Andrews via the coastal routes.

I plan on visiting again in probably 2 years and will spend at least 2 weeks touring around.