Red Exige

Hi all,

I am thinking of buying this car - reg X*** ABN. Apparently it is the only red one in existence - can anyone tell me anything about this car??

Seller seems a nice genuine bloke, car seems fine - has 24.7k on the clock and had a �500 service at 24k. Car has quite a few extras too - different lights, roof air scoop, diffuser, Corbeau (sp??) racing buckets, 4 point harnesses and a removable steering wheel… are these all road legal?

Cheers

TT

I have seen several red Exiges (Palmersport have several)

I wouldn’t be surprised that there were only a few red ones on the road though… for a good reason, it looks dire in red.

It’ll be sticky to sell, so make sure the price you pay (and then expect when selling) reflects this.

What do you mean by roof air scoop and diffuser? they all come with it!

I have seen several red Exiges (Palmersport have several)

I wouldn’t be surprised that there were only a few red ones on the road though… for a good reason, it looks dire in red.

It’ll be sticky to sell, so make sure the price you pay (and then expect when selling) reflects this.

I quite like it in red, the car has been well looked after and has been Armourfended too… would certainly show the dirt much less than a black one. The price in �19.5k, so it seems good value

TT

What do you mean by roof air scoop and diffuser? they all come with it!

Take a look at theses pics and you will see what I mean

[image]http://www.sidhead.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/ScoobyNet/FS/DSC00015.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.sidhead.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/ScoobyNet/FS/DSC00018.jpg[/image]

Ahhh, I see what you mean.

The diffuser look like it’s an Edwards one. Advantages not clear, but it looks the dog’s dangles. I have one too

The lights look like Geary’s ones. Look nice, but especially if you cover them (clear, please). Thy’re supposed to be much better.

The side scoop covers I have seen before, and its advantages are debatable, but if you like them, keep them .

The roof scoop would only be useful if it’s feeding the airbox, and in that case it should be sealed. If not, better to remove it.

If it was me, I would buy the car and remove the last two items. Looks good with those lights and the diffuser.

If you like the car and its history, go for it!
Looks good!

Uldis

That car lives a few miles down the road from me. Im not convinced i like the headlights and i certainly dont like the extra roof scoop section. The side intakes and the diffuser look nice tho.

An exige in red certainly stands out and would be hard to lose in a carpark

They’ve been trying to shift that car for ages.

Was on PH, then eBay, then back on PH and also Autotrader.

On ebay it went for about �19500 IIRC, cant remember if it reached the reserve price or not.

TT

If the name fits … why not

They’ve been trying to shift that car for ages.

Was on PH, then eBay, then back on PH and also Autotrader.

On ebay it went for about �19500 IIRC, cant remember if it reached the reserve price or not.

Yeah, he’s had it up for sale for a while

It’s up for �19.5k at the moment… he has another buyer interested as well as me, so it’s up to him to decide

Fingers crossed!!

TT

If the name fits … why not

lol

Exactly!! It’s my destiny!!

That car lives a few miles down the road from me.

Yeah, the guy lives in Deepcut barracks

The lights look like Geary’s ones. Look nice, but especially if you cover them (clear, please). Thy’re supposed to be much better.

That’s what he said - they’re much better than the std lights. He also has the clear covers for them

There were half a dozen red exiges at Hethel last time I was there. They looked like they had been stood a while with rusty discs etc. I enquired about buying one but they would only talk about the Sport 190 Elise

The Exiges at Hethel are Palmersport cars…

Thte roof scooop is used by Dean Lanzante and at least one other in Lotus Roadports - they feed both a small radiator and then engine iirc (on the race cars anyway).

Cheers

Spooky things are happening!!!

TurboTomato did you buy the car?

The reason I ask is that I too went to view the car. But as it was the first I went to see I thought it would be unwise not to do my research.

Today a friend, and fellow participant in this forum, took me out in his Exige as I know that his is a extremely nice example. We went for a quick (ahem!) spin down this lane and that, then decided to turn around in a pub carpark.

What should be in the car park, another Exige, not only that but THE red exige this thread is about!!! Bear in mind we are miles away from where I viewed the car.

Point of this post…I don’t know, just found it spooky.

If you did buy it, do you live in the area?

So, There we were, taking a “now definate to be owner of an Exige in the future” out for a spin. Whipped down the A420 out of oxford and then up to Appleton, where parked in a loney car park, as we turned around, was this red exige, the same one XXXX ABN…how bizzare…is the old/new owner on here? Funny thing was, my passager, looked at this car only a few weeks back !

-GMan

P.S how come my user ID got lost? I’m a virgin member again?

Hi guys, been registered for a wee while but now I’m picking up my black “y” exige on the 1st of September. Looking forward to whipping all my mates souped up hatchbacks…

Hooooow strange

I was going to buy that car, but he had 2 offers on it, and he went with the other guy in the end

So I am still looking

Anyone want to buy a VX220?

TT

There was that nice guy on the telly in the underpants, but other than him I can’t think of anyone who would actually buy a VX220 once they had driven an Exige …