Red Exige

There was that nice guy on the telly in the underpants, but other than him I can’t think of anyone who would actually buy a VX220 once they had driven an Exige …

Exactly!! That’s why someone needs to buy mine!!

Very strange, was it Graham from murray lotus in edinburgh, a Y reg one?

And that guy was…me. Bought the car about two weeks ago for �19K - advertised through Pistonheads at �19,990.

Have owned TVR Cerbera’s over the last 6/7 years and fancied a change - wanted something more like my race car (bike engined Reynard Formula Renault) that I could also drive on the road. Nearly bought a 640bhp Ultima - but worried about the amount for sale at the mo with none of them shifting. Glad that I saved a load of money and now own something that on twisty roads is no slower. Why hasn’t anyone told me before how well these things turn-in, and what a joy they are to drive - would’ve bought one ages ago!!?? Apologies to those that we’re interested in it. What a tool - very, very happy with my purchase.

And that guy was…me. Bought the car about two weeks ago for �19K - advertised through Pistonheads at �19,990.

Have owned TVR Cerbera’s over the last 6/7 years and fancied a change - wanted something more like my race car (bike engined Reynard Formula Renault) that I could also drive on the road. Nearly bought a 640bhp Ultima - but worried about the amount for sale at the mo with none of them shifting. Glad that I saved a load of money and now own something that on twisty roads is no slower. Why hasn’t anyone told me before how well these things turn-in, and what a joy they are to drive - would’ve bought one ages ago!!?? Apologies to those that we’re interested in it. What a tool - very, very happy with my purchase.

You git!!

Only joking mate, it was a lovely car, my only regret is not doing a deal before you got there!!

Was the drivers seat ok for you as it was or did you need to have it adjusted?

All the best with it - fingers crossed I should be getting a black one by the end of the week

Paul

Well done Eliot, I was the ‘other’ looker at the Red one.

So you must live near Oxford? As we saw the car in Stand lake a couple of weeks ago whilst out for a spin in Gman’s Gunmetal Exige…see spooky comment several up.

Did the interior of the car ever arrive??

You git!!

Only joking mate, it was a lovely car, my only regret is not doing a deal before you got there!!

I’m afraid that I can sometimes be impulsive - saw it and just had to have it there and then, but he wouldn’t take my money off me straight away !?? wondered if he was trying to get me into a Dutch auction - fortunately not.

Was the drivers seat ok for you as it was or did you need to have it adjusted? Fortunately, I didn’t - was perfect how it was, but of course the girlfriend can’t drive it - shame

All the best with it - fingers crossed I should be getting a black one by the end of the week

Have you it yet??

Paul

Well done Eliot, I was the ‘other’ looker at the Red one.

So you must live near Oxford? As we saw the car in Stand lake a couple of weeks ago whilst out for a spin in Gman’s Gunmetal Exige…see spooky comment several up.

Did the interior of the car ever arrive??

Yeah, in Freeland - just west of Eynsham.

Still haven’t got the door panels, must chase him but I’m not really concerned. Just before he sold it to me he had the seat cushions trimmed in Blue Alcantara - not really to my taste - don’t get me wrong, they look nice but the car is so definately red and black, IMO red or black inserts would’ve looked better. Same with the door panels - but as I said I’m not too concerned as I think I’m gonna go for the Elise Parts carbon interior.

So are you local then ? - if so let me know, we’ll have to get together…