Quartz S1 Exige...

Collected today from PM’s - bit of a baptism of fire, I decide to collect on the first snow covered day of the year, and job number one was to navigate down the snow-covered forecourt slope on cold A048’s. I half expected to join the main road going broadside :wink:

http://www.clublupo.co.uk/exige/Exige1.jpg

Hard to give any impressions because I drove home like a granny, but based on my memories of the Elise S160, the Exige feels quite different - heavier steering, bit more tractable below 2k RPM, but less torquey below 4k. Once the tyres were warmer, I got a chance to open it up on the motorway and it really comes alive once wound up.

Plus, its about as subtle as a punch in the face :smiley: Filling up on the forecourt and then stalling …oops :wink: but its not like everyone wasn’t staring anyway.

It’s just a bit dissapointing at the moment, can’t really use it in this weather and its set to get worse, so it may be sitting on the driveway for a while :frowning:

Will follow up with some more pictures once the weather improves.

Congratulations Matt, cracking looking car.

Join the club of frustrated Exige owners not being able to exploit their cars - only 3 or 4 more months to go!

nice looking car indeed!!!

Nice one :sunglasses:

Very nice.

Like that!

I was seriously tempted in a trade in for this, nice motor.

:sunglasses:

Well done Matt looking good :sunglasses:

I noticed the pics were hosted on the clublupo website, did you used to have a Lupo? I used to have a Lupo GTi as my 2nd car and I’m sure someone else here used to have one too. Great little motors.

Wrong thread Ben! :smiley:

Great cars and �6k would get a minter but won’t meet your requirements for that thread…too small, not economical etc.

Great cars and �6k would get a minter but won’t meet your requirements for that thread…too small, not economical etc. [/quote]

:smiley: not that thread Ben

Very nice, I would still love an S1 but only to add to the S2 I would love to have both

Nooooo!!

I was referring to the thread about ‘those cars you had lusted after but could not admit to’ !!! :smiley:

I would like a car! Not a roller scate mate! :smiley:

[quote=Benja]Well done Matt looking good :sunglasses:

I noticed the pics were hosted on the clublupo website, did you used to have a Lupo? I used to have a Lupo GTi as my 2nd car and I’m sure someone else here used to have one too. Great little motors. [/quote]

I did - had an early silver 5speed. Bought it at 6months old, used it for 2 years then traded it in against my old Elise S160 and I only lost �1500 on it - impressive residuals, which is why they’re 10 years old and still fetch high prices. Great cars though, I had a hoot in mine.

Still run the CL site for my sins, but not very active on it these days.

Back to the Exige, I’m getting mixed reception on the Silver wheels, many saying they like it, others saying they need to be black to keep the “standard look”. I’m still undecided.

Seems it has a short-shifter kit, barely have to move the stick to change gears. Reversing camera is quite handy. The gearstick surround has come away from the handbrake surround, so I need to sort that out.

Temp holds a very steady 88-90deg, whether doing 60mph on the motorway or sitting for 10mins in traffic.

Oh, and the standard leather seats are rubbish, can’t get comfortable in them at all, really need to investigate getting some Hanger111 seats with standard trim (doubt I’ll ever get hold of the optional Motorsport seats). Also desperately need standard belts as an additional, 4pt harnesses are a PITA!

Oh, and I’ve still not figured out what that red button does on the dash. Fuel cutoff? Ejector seat? Turbo Boost? Rockets for when there’s an S2 blocking the way? :wink:

[quote=MattyB]
Rockets for when there’s an S2 blocking the way? :wink: [/quote]

Nice to see you’ve got the ‘spirit’ of the forum :wink:

[quote=HT67][quote=MattyB]
Rockets for when there’s an S2 blocking the way? :wink: [/quote]

Yep… but in front! :smiley:

And if it’s mine, I will have laid an oil slick for you to contend with too! :smiley:

Silver wheels…

I kind of like them… because they are different to the ‘usual’ Exige black ones. Benja knows all about this, but at least yours are easier to keep clean! :smiley:

I have a Tillet B5 seat carbon faced for sale if you are interested. VERY comfortable and looks the dogs too. :sunglasses:

how about those in gold colors???may look good?