Prototype Racing Conversion

You’re right, I forgot he doesn’t need to.

Rob, you nutter…
…but that bloke has really got nerves…

I will join, what about if i arrange a dyno test at the Nordschleife - there is the most accurate Dyno in Europe provided by MAHA.
There we could see how much HP the Honda Exiges and other tunings have, he would like to join?
It would cost arround 50-60 EUrors per car. I would reserve if your intersted.

Fabian

Fabian, can you pay for it all first, then we will pay you back later?

he doesn’t get it folks…

Russ, i am happy to see you on track

Hi guys,
back from holiday…and i see such a nice thread.
Now i decided to stop my silence!
I will not comment, just expose my story.

Last year i decided to buy a kit from Joe after many e-mail, pictures and a chat we had at donnington.
I also asked to Joe to source the engine for me as well as some other parts. As u know Joe asks a deposit for the kit and the entire amount for the engine before things start.
Max delivery time was 8 weeks.
I payed 9260 USD last year the 29th of november.
Since then nothing!!! I does not answer my e-mails for month. Then in june i was able to contact Joe per phone and we agreed for a complete refund. He told me he had to sell the house and i agreed to wait 1 or 2 month. But nothing!!!
Then i heard that he also bought a 111R…
Phoned many times, he always says that he will transfer the money but NOTHING.

Voila’, that’s my story.

Now i will give to Joe the last chance…then…
So please Ricardo tell your friend a good word for me!
And for people looking for a conversion kit from Joe, maybe it is a good kit who knows (personally i can’t comment) but do not pay before having it!!!

Nicolas

Nicholas

This is absolutely shocking, & I am really sad to hear that this has happened to you (or anyone else, of course).

There is little more I can add, except to wish you good luck in getting your money returned.

thanks pesky,
i never wrote this on public forums just because i did not want to make things worse, but now it can’t go worse.

Writing this experience i only want to help other people to avoid doing my mistake.

Nicolas
PS: Who knows of a good lawyer in the US?

Same here.
Engine theories and peferences are all ok, life is full of colours, but if there is something I can’t take is dishonesty.

Joe HAS GOT TO give you your money back, he should even do it with interest, and of course at the current exchange rate.

Man, if I lived there, he would already have had a visit…

There’s no excuse for taking other’s peoples money

Nicolas

me too, i’m with Pesky and Uldis… i’m really sad to hear this has happened.

I can’t abide all the mud slinging that has got in the way regarding the kit etc… and i don’t know you any better than i know Joe, but if I take your side of events at face value then this is trully appalling and - for me at least - far more of a problem than anything else that has ever been written on this saga.

If Joe still has the odd look around this forum, i would appeal to him to pay you back Fully and ASAP - although some other form of compensation is also due but i guess you just want your outlay back at this stage.

If it was me I would get in touch with an American lawyer ASAP, I don’t know how the statutes work in the US but here I’m pretty sure a debt is only valid for a certain period of time.

I guessed you were owed some money but $9k is shocking, 12 months, the guy is just a scammer

I hope you can get your money back - maybe a post or two on one of the US lotus BBSes might get some help on the legalities of chasing someone in the USA.

I will let joe some last days…
Tonight someone told me joe payed the money few days ago,
but still not on my account.

cheers,
Nicolas

I hope you can get your money back - maybe a post or two on one of the US lotus BBSes might get some help on the legalities of chasing someone in the USA.

Thread on the USA Elise bbs HERE

Nicolas,
I don’t intend to make it my business to pursue joe on your behalf.
However i know you paid him, did not realise you paid him that ammount, I have spoken to him before and he said he paid you back a while ago.

that is as much as I know.

nobody asked u to pursue joe…
As u said he is your friend, i just tought that maybe u could some words. Anyway…it is not a problem.

Every time i phone to Joe he tells me that the money will fly within the day…everytime he “forget”.

cheers,
Nicolas

If my friend was doing something dodgy, I would make sure to tell him. He would hear my dissaprovement and hopefully that would straighten him up.
That’s what friends are for.

But then I have also stopped being friends with persons that would just not listen, but that’s me.

he tells me that the money will fly within the day…everytime he “forget”.

He’s not the only one to do a similar thing to fellow Exigers - it’s bloody infuriating I can tell you, when you have acted in total good faith with the outstretched hand of friendship

any news?

fingers crossed