Oulton GT

We are at Oulton This Saturday with AMOC, qualy around 11.50 am, race late afternoon. There is also a GT race I am thinking about which is open to Exiges or any quick car, for example the old Mid engined series entries.

It is a 30 minute single driver job and anyone interested needs to speak to Ronnie Farmer today on 07710 039239.

Cheers

What time you getting there on Sturday Russ? I will bring all my tools and bits and bobs to do the work we discussed, just want to leave myself enough time between scruitinering and qually etc.

Ta Mate, probably around nine ish. If we do the GT race it will be a touch earlier.

What time you getting there on Sturday Russ? I will bring all my tools, [color:“blue”]fook off driveshafts, & 100 kilos of salted/roasted peanuts [/color]

Nice one - see ya there, buddy

What time you getting there on Sturday Russ? I will bring all my tools, [color:“blue”]fook off driveshafts, & 100 kilos of salted/roasted peanuts and extremely fat bint [/color]

Nice one - see ya there, buddy

We have entered the GT race and received a couple of extra tickets - anyone coming over, post here and we can let you have them Saturday.

That is what I phoned you for earlier…

]Yes please.

Sorry Gav, SHUAS, no prob, tickets sorted - give me a buzz on Sat am when you get there. How many do you want?

Can you sort me a ticket to get in Russ?

What about the fat bint?

No prob Mate, already one with your name on it (plus paddock pass).

What about the fat bint?

Shhh, he did not notice that one.

You cheeky Northern, gravey drinkin, tractor drivin, weird soundin bar stewards!!!

I am droppng my nipper off at his moms at 9, so I reckon I will be there by about 10ish

Me and Mr Kipling will be there too at some point chaps.

…So get that fookin’ kettle on! That’s tea for me and Jon, Oxo for Pesk and some cowin’ cuppa soups for Sean…

Great stuff

…So get that fookin’ kettle on! That’s tea for me and Jon, Oxo for Pesk and some cowin’ cuppa soups for Sean…

Excellent!! I have been wanting a chat with you for a while matey!!!

Cool. I look forward to it. K-series solidarity and all that!

Cool. I look forward to it. K-series solidarity and all that!

So come on then what happened??? From MST it looks like :

• ChrisP and Rex had a good duel and finished 1st and 2nd with only 1.5s between them

• Russ/Graham were having a storming race out-front and then dropped right down the field and finished 8th…but finished!!

Look forward to hearing all about it.

So come on then what happened??? From MST it looks like :

• ChrisP and Rex had a good duel and finished 1st and 2nd with only 1.5s between them

• Russ/Graham were having a storming race out-front and then dropped right down the field and finished 8th…but finished!!

Look forward to hearing all about it.

Benja

Russ was solo in the Super GT race - up to 3rd on last lap, before tyres (48s) were shagged, & ended up 5th after a “slight diversion” Superb result considering all the others (except Chris) were on slicks, & driving very well developed race cars (Porsche GT2 etc, Fiat Challenge, TVR).

Endurance Race - leading from 1st lap - built up a 15 sec or so gap with Rex & Chris 2nd & 3rd. As yet unidentified mechanical problem cost him his position. Chris & Rex had a monster battle swapping places

Sorry must dash now…

First, thanks to everyone who came yestrday, great to see you.

Well, despite a bit of a crap end to the day which left everyone a bit deflated, on reflection we really had a great day. The expectation (at the start of the day) was that a finish would be like winning, then by the end the fact that we did not win was a downer!

First qualy was 15 minutes for a 30 minute race against ex GT racers such as Porker 935, Ferrari Challenge, TVR Tuscan racer etc., which were all running huge slicks while we were on A048’s…

After doing the usual 3 laps to make sure of being in the race I started to give it a bit of juice and would love to have seen the faces of the drivers as, what they thought was a duffer, suddenly giving it six foot flames as we disappeared up the pit straight. Then all hell broke loose as the front splitter/undertray parted company thanks to some over enthusiastic kerbage. Never mind, we had fourth in the bag for the grid.

Graeme Whitehead then went out and, with a similar lap time, bagged second for the endurance race. The boys (Thanks Steve (Funone), Tony S and Sean B) had a bit to do as the exhaust had melted much of the surrounding body work and put a hole in the diffuser. Well, what do you expect from what seems to be the exhaust off a jet?

In the first race we just went for it but on the rolling start got bullied by those nasty big boys (The Lotus seems tiny in the middle of the pack and I was frightened) back down to around sixth. By the end of the first lap we were back up to fifth with the Tuscan in front. Next time round we had him around the outside of Clay Hill and then pulled away. There was a coming together though and the race was stopped for around ten minutes to clear the debris (a Fiat perched on a tyre - quite amusing). Thank goodness as I was buggered! At the restart from fourth we managed to nip ahead of the Fiat Challenge and got third which we maintained until the last lap. As our Yoko’s went off - they had already done around 90 minutes - the TVR started to catch up and pressured me into a mistake at Knickerbrook. As I put the power down the back stepped out and with lost momentum he went past up Clay Hill. Still on his tail I tried to out brake him into Druids, locked up and sailed merrily into the gravel on the outside of the corner but with momentum and a bit of luck managed to plough through and hit the nice hard bit near the tyre wall and drove back on. We lost another place to the Fiat so ended up 5th overall and second in class (to the Fiat). Bugger!

Overall though we were ecstatic not only to finish a thirty minute race (on full power) but also that on road tyres there was the potential to finish third against some fast cars.

Credit also to Chris on here (Evosal) who also finished (sixth) with a lap time only 2 seconds lower than ours and with around 200 bhp less.

Will do the second race later as I have work to do.