Oulton GT

Well done for a realy good finish. Sounds like it would have looked great to watch this from the outside of Knickbrook. shame i couldn’t get a pass from the other half.

Sorry I had to fly so quickly,loked like the car was going great guns in the GT race until the reds came out. Pesky tells me you had teh fezza after the re-start

Will be looking for a similar performance at Spa from you…

Well where shall i start ?

1st race

I was wondering why i had bothered to enter these two races the day before, and on arriving at the track and taking one look at the opposition in the GT race i wanted to go and hide in the toilets until the end of the day.

We were up against the likes of Porsche 935 (ex le-mans 780 bhp) Porsche 993 GT2, full race tvr tuscan, ferrari 512 and 355 challenge, all running on slicks while me and Russ were trying to save a few quid and use the ao48s

There were two classes, up to 450bhp and over 450bhp it was going to be hard work with only 220bhp

Just to finish me off i was informed its a rolling start !! whats one of those ?? dont do that in the l.o.t
It was soon time for qualifying and predictably enough the 935s Russ and Tuscan etc were quickly setting the pace, we ended the session in 8th on the grid with Russ in a superb 4th spot
I managed the rolling start no problem and managed to get past a couple of ferraris into sixth spot, at one point i nearly had the tuscan but the race was red flagged and after the re-start i just couldnt keep up the pace.
Ended up in 6th with Russ in 5th which considering the cars we were against and lack of slicks i was happy with.

2nd race

I qualified 4th with Russ in 2nd Rex in 3rd and the mega quick sunbeam tiger on pole it was going to be a great race.

I tried to outdrag Rex into the first corner but couldnt quite manage it, Russ stormed to the front of the pack leaving me and Rex swarming all over the back of the sunbeam like angry wasps, i managed to get past Rex and set about trying to pass the sunbeam, he had me on the straights but i could outbrake him and was cornering much quicker.
I had a couple of looks up the inside but he quickly shut the door on me, i decided to make my move going into lodge, outbraked him and got up alongside , i dont know if he did’nt see me or thought i would give way but he came across and collided with my n/s , bounced off and came back for another go (bursting his rear tyre) i held my line and got past into 2nd place behind Russ.

It was then time for the pitstops, it was the endurance race so if like me you had no 2nd driver you have to get out of the car for 30 secs before getting back in and carrying on.

Believe me that 30 secs seemed to last forever, at this point i lost track a little of where i was position wise, i could hear cars passing while i was in the pits and i assumed i had lost a lot of time due to the 30 secs penalty.
I returned to the track on my own nothing in front apart from the odd much slower cars and no one challenging from behind, about 6 laps from the end i could see a luminous glow in front of me, it was Russ and he was obviously in trouble.
I realised at this point i was probably in quite a good position i thought maybe 3rd or 4th, i was actually 1st.
Right i thought lets ease off a touch and get to the end of the race without any problems… big mistake !
Rex was closing in rapidly and i had not seen him, before i knew it he was alongside with the line for the next corner, i had no choice but to let him past, it was the next to last lap and there was nothing i could do to get back past.

So it was a lotus 1st and 2nd and would have been a 1st 2nd and 3rd but for Russ’s bad luck.

Brilliant results Chris…

Take it that pesky Aston caused you no grief in the endurance race…

\

Take it that pesky Aston caused you no grief in the endurance race…

Watch it, you!

The Aston didn’t make the Endurance - “some damage” to the rear end, on the slow down lap of an earlier race

I could’nt believe it when i saw that two places behind me on the grid, luckily as Rob says he stuffed it on the race before the endurance

Big thanks to RussT for giving me a driveshaft boot otherwise I wouldn’t have been on the grid. Many Thanks Russ. Chris even if you hadn’t slowed down near the end, with my laptime for lap 13(1:52.8) I still would have had you!!! Rex

Rex

Bloody hell - a smile from Rex

Good to meet ya again on Saturday, mate - see you at Donny on the 30th

Yep, well done Rex.
I noticed you’ve had some good results in the AMOC endurance races this season. You want to get some ‘slicks’ on and come and have a go in the LMA championship. (I’m not inviting you Russ cause your cars too quick )

I’ve sent you a PM Rex!

Steve T

Big thanks to RussT for giving me a driveshaft boot otherwise I wouldn’t have been on the grid. Many Thanks Russ. Chris even if you hadn’t slowed down near the end, with my laptime for lap 13(1:52.8) I still would have had you!!! Rex

1.52 ?..Is that with an NA Honda ??