Oulton 8th October (mid engined sportscar)

Hi Mark

Yep, I was on my way back from oulton in the Noble.

The chassis is fine but I think theres a bit of suspension damage and the body work is completely f’ckd! on the near side of the car. another few g’s down the pan!

I take you didn’t make it down to watch?

Steve T

It was great to meet a few new people at the weekend. Sean B easily being one of the most memorable.

I hope I was memorable in a good way???

Sean…

Well the red Elise is me.

quote ‘the red Exige should have waited til the cars had passed before re-joining the track’

ha! The fact of the matter was I was doing 80mph on wet grass and was desperately trying to regain control of the vehicle and avoid hitting the barrier! I was hardly in a position to come to a controlled stop and perform a ‘mirror signal manouever!!’

The video misses the start of the incident which was caused by that mad italian in the white elise pushing me off onto the grass at the outside of Old hall. From then on I was basically a passenger!!

Hi Steve, glad you are ok, except for some serious wallet damage, obviously.

I wanted to clarify that the point of my comment was that the Triumph driver could not have done much about the incident without going off, or running into someone else. It might have been better if we had not commented, as only the person holding the wheel really knows what is going on at that moment in time.

Top day guys - shame about the short endurance race - no probs seeing the dayglo special marching through the field tho.

I’ll have to watch where I stand next time as was standing at Lodge in Mid engine race when Silver Exige spun off, standing right where TR6 and Exige collided in enduro race

Good to see so many Exige owners there - new and ‘old’ faces

See you next year

I feel bad I commented on the incident now. Kinetic - you did all you could IMHO and rejoined as safely as was feasable. The Tr7 obviously hadn’t anticipated where you were going to rejoin as he was moving across the track towards you even though there was space available on the left. It wasn’t his fault or yours but could have been avoided if he had anticipated what was about to happen. All very very easy to say in hindcight and horribly unfortunate.

Kinetic

Glad you’re okay, mate, the car will repair!

Racing incidents happen - unfortunate for the both of you involved

On a brighter note, look forward to seeing you & the rest of the crew next year - or at a trackday before the racing season begins (good excuse to give the Nobbly a work out )

Thanks Randy

I think just as I rejoin the circuit the TR6 just clips my left rear which knocks the front of my car over to the left and bang! I’m certainly not blaming him at all though. I spoke to him afterwards and he said he had not seen me at all!

Hi Pesky - Yeh I’m perfectly fine. these cars are tremendously strong! I seriously wanted to punch Segatori though if I’m honest

I seriously wanted to punch Segatori though if I’m honest

Hope you like Horse’s heads, then

Hi Mark

Yep, I was on my way back from oulton in the Noble.

The chassis is fine but I think theres a bit of suspension damage and the body work is completely f’ckd! on the near side of the car. another few g’s down the pan!

I take you didn’t make it down to watch?

Steve T

I left for Oulton and stopped at a mates in Hale on the way when it started bouncing down so I thought I’d give it a miss.

How did you get on in the mid-engined race?

I had some fun coming back up the M60 with a set of worn A048’s and the all the standing water so christ knows what it was like on track!

Mark

http://www.amoc.org/files/2005_Oulton_Results.pdf

Was George Macintosh having probs at the weekend? I see ben Robinson was on the grid too… I assume he was in somebody elses car, either that or Guy has performed miracles!

I don’t think George was having problems at all on the day. I think the deal was as long as he finished and Blogg didn’t win, he would win the series, so he was taking it easy. That isn’t factual, just what I have pieced together from snippets I heard from different people on the day.

Hmmm, he was 8secs of the pace in qually… that seriously taking it easy

I’m feeling envious because I was supposed to be racing in Estoril with the Group-C but couldn’t go I would probably have taken my road car up to Oulton if it had a cage and cutout, I had the racing urge that bad .

I was hardly in a position to come to a controlled stop and perform a ‘mirror signal manouever!!’

I don’t think anyone said you should have done that.

Are you saying that you did not attempt to rejoin the track ?

Randy,
Not sure but I think George, like me and about half the field, was on wet tyres for the qualifying session which turned out to be dry!
I know Blogg and Kershaw etc. were on the 48’s. Having said that he wasn’t exactly pushing on in the race itself either.

I see ben Robinson was on the grid too… I assume he was in somebody elses car, either that or Guy has performed miracles!

Ben was in Matt Cummings old Audi engined car,…there was just too much work to consider getting the fire damaged car out for Oulton.

http://www.midenginedsportscars.com/reports/

Reports and photos from Oulton

As usual, was a cracking day - cars, racing & loads of great peeps

Here is Sooty’s video of the incident which brought an end to the Endurance Race. This is at the first corner, Old Hall, on the first lap of the re-start. Graeme is in 4th place & just about to take 3rd spot as he goes out of shot.

Clicky Here >

Congratulations RussT and Graham… looks like that exige almost collected you on the way across the track Hope his car isn’t too badly damaged, looks like a wheel off the TR6 tho … You didnae squeeze him out did you into the first corner ?

edit: oops… sad to hear it was you kinetic - hope the damage ain’t too painful - and glad to hear it wasn’t the dayglo orange car that squeezed you at the first corner