Ongoing Elige/Exise build (THIS WINTERS STUFF ADDED)

[quote=seriouslylotus]I even managed to get them fitted to the rear…

[/quote]
Presumably those are 288s on the rear?

[quote=661][quote=seriouslylotus]I even managed to get them fitted to the rear…

[/quote]
Presumably those are 288s on the rear? [/quote]

Sure are!! I used the same size bell as on the front and a 288mm o/d disc. So i ended up with a disc surface that suits the small rear pad. So no more rusty unused disc surface on the rear!!! A ‘free’ added benefit was a super light rear disc that saves about 3.5 kgs on the rear of the car…

[quote=TarmacTerrorist]The roof panel came out really well Dave, was it just a polish needed?
[/quote]

No totally Gav. So we ended up laquering the carbon section. If you know where to look you can just, but only just see some small marks. But if someone can see them when on track…

Great stuff Dave

Yep, well good Dave.

Fair play Dave.

Spent a bit of time last night removing ALL the parts from the two doors ready for painting.
FREE ADVICE TO ALL - If you intend getting the doors painted get someone else to take them apart.
As usual lotus use glue and other horrible sticky stuff rather than clips and screws.
But they are ready for the magic of the paint shop I use!!

[quote=seriouslylotus]Spent a bit of time last night removing ALL the parts from the two doors ready for painting.
FREE ADVICE TO ALL - If you intend getting the doors painted get someone else to take them apart.
As usual lotus use glue and other horrible sticky stuff rather than clips and screws.
But they are ready for the magic of the paint shop I use!! [/quote]

Lol I am now an expert in all things Elise/Exige doors :smiley: I know what you mean!

I cant believe all of the parts

Came from inside here

The scary part is I have to put them back at some point, in the right place!!!

Managed to get the front shock canisters mounted at last

I have cut a small hole in the top of the clam that can be covered with the access panel. Makes it nice and easy for adjustments, but very very easy to cover up when done. They are also out of the way of road debris etc, they are behind the arch liners (if i fit any???)
I plan to get the car to Nitron for final geo checking/setting and whilst there i may ask them to shorten the hose by about 40-50mm, I think they will be a slightly better routing then…

The gear box in the car has these funny cogs and bits fitted as well as a plate LSD!!

I bought 3 or 4 boxes but only one was serviceable (I knew that when i bought them) along with a few spares.
I also manages to get one more full gearbox (new) and a big pile of new spares from Hewland.
I only need some input and output shafts to build 3 more new/refurbished boxes.
Should make things interesting?

A handy place for Hewland to advertise their website there :crazy:

Which king of gearset is that one? Differences with standard?

Not Hewland’s fault!! Twas a photo I took just before i installed the kit back into the gearbox…

Made by Hewland engineering about 5 years ago…
Straight cut dog engagement (Not very friendly as a road box)

Looking good Dave…although I’m sure you never asked if you could change the colour!!

You’ll have to drive it down to see me at the end of July :smiley:

[quote=junks]Looking good Dave…although I’m sure you never asked if you could change the colour!!

You’ll have to drive it down to see me at the end of July :smiley: [/quote]

Ask to change colour? Oh yeah i remember…
whEre is my V5??? :smiley: :whistle:

[quote=seriouslylotus][quote=junks]Looking good Dave…although I’m sure you never asked if you could change the colour!!

You’ll have to drive it down to see me at the end of July :smiley: [/quote]

Ask to change colour? Oh yeah i remember…
whEre is my V5??? :smiley: :whistle: [/quote]

I’ve almost given up!! I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve reminded him!! I will keep trying mate - you should have it by the time you are ready to register it!! :wink:

Did a bit more to the car last night.
I want to stiffen up the chassis but with the gPan sump the Lotus Shear panel is to wide.
Here is my solution

It uses 6 of the 8 mounting points that Lotus use so if fully interchangeable for those who wish to add a gPan sump and still have a shear panel. (It can of course be fitted to a car with a standard sump)

And now for the shameless plug
They are available here!!!
http://www.seriouslylotus.com/index.php/track-and-sport-parts/track-and-race-parts/lotus-sport-cup-260-shear-panel-243.html

[quote=junks]

I’ve almost given up!! I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve reminded him!! I will keep trying mate - you should have it by the time you are ready to register it!! :wink: [/quote]

Phil
Thanks for the text re V5
Does this mean I have to get the bl–dy thing finished now?
I was using you as the excuses…