Oil cooler pipes recall

Was just reading on seloc about a recall affecting some lotus vehicles.

Between 2004 and 2011

It concerns the oil cooler pipes and loss of oil.

Trying to find out if my car is affected. It certainly has coolers as I saw them when I swapped the rad :slight_smile:

Can’t work out the dvsa 'a list of vins. It makes no sense.

Not recieved the letter as yet.

Probably a good idea to replace them in any event, once they are 10 years old. Speaking from experience! Fortunately the small split in one of mine occurred after a drive out & the car was parked up in the garage.

Yeah , got the recall letter yesterday .

I have contacted Lotus and the response was

Thank you for your e-mail and for this information.

I can confirm that your Lotus is affected by this forthcoming recall which is anticipated to be formally launched towards the end of October and we will write to you in due course with more information regarding this matter.

Thank you again for getting in touch.

I had that response this am as well. I would expect the union on the oil coolers will be a mare for them. You know how aly goes when connected to a dissimilar metal. Fused.

Particularly when there are the four connections to sort. I would imagine new coolers will be fitted to some cars, when things get nice and seized.

Just got my letter. !!

:mrgreen:

Just ain’t got a car :frowning:

Are people continuing to drive their vehicles in light of this recall?

I would.

Didn’t your engine just lunch itself? :wink:

Meeeooowww :smiley:

I haven’t got the letter. Maybe I should contact Lotus but to be quite frank it wouldn’t stop me driving the car either way and I’ve got a trackday booked for 1 November…

I haven’t received a letter yet either, but looks like it’s going to affect quite few cars so might be long process to get things sorted.

so what about people who have already had them fail and have paid for the repair?

Wonder if lotus would cover the costs for them if they could show proof etc.

Do exige s come with twin oil coolers or just the sports pack ones.

Mine did, but I have sport pack if that makes a difference? Not had a letter yet :frowning:

I phoned up today and mine is part of recall they just didn’t have my details on the system.

All I had to do was email customer service with the vin along with name and full address. They will then send out the letter etc.

I did this last week, looks like Iain might be a bit busy in a few weeks time

Yes it did :lolno:

I replaced mine a 2005 car with a Mocal kit, there integrity looked absolutely fine. I understand what they are replacing and can only assume there position in relation to exposure to the elements maybe the problem. Totally gob smacked they are going to the trouble.