Now this would be a dilemma...

Now then. If I had £60k+ to spend on something epic for the road and occasional trackday then there would be real dilemma.

Exige V6, Evora,…hmmmm but it would be very hard to ignore the Cayman GT4…that looks like a very well resolved package. I know some will disagree but I’d happily add one to the fleet.

It’s massive though, way too big. It does look good though…

Love love love this new gt4

Nope…not for me… no contest as far as I’m concerned, Exige S coupe for me…no contest! - I’m sure the Cayman is very good and well built, but it’s just too 911ish for me and to me that means dated looking. Porche need to revise their styling. They’ve relied on the same design formula for waaaaay too long.

TBH I’d have both, not worth selling my Lotus

Call me materialistic but my dream is to have an outbuilding with my fleet in it.

My Exige, M5, mental Caterham and now a GT4 too,…I need to work a bit harder :unamused:

Next time you’re over my way for work Tim we should have a spin down the A4 to Porsche West London eh :laughing:

Guildford has a better test route :laughing:

Leave the M5 here we’ll take the keys to the 997

My 997 depreciated at the rate of £3000 per year. Over 10 years and 20 k miles. Hardly used it because I had an Exige as well…made a profit on the Exige in. 4 years of ownership.
Says it all really.

Yeah I love the Cayman GT4 too. £60k really is a difficult sum, so much choice (Cayman GT4, 997 Gt3 Gen1, Fez 360, Exige V6 etc etc etc). Thankfully I don’t have £60k, so don’t have to burdened myself with such a decision.

That is going to be an awesome car.

No matter how good the ‘new’ Evora is I bet there is an “oh shit” feeling that this is coming out at the same time and pricing is similar if not cheaper, if the rumours of higher Evora pricing turn out to be correct. I would certainly enjoy owning one if I could afford it.

Still the wing looks a bit ‘add on’ and Loti will continue to get a friendlier reception on the road than a Porsche/Boxster will.

GT3RS I bought 21/2yrs hoping it wouldnt lose a lot is worth more than I paid for it.Been rung a couple of times to ask if I want to sell it.I reckon Cayman GT4 will be the same.Proper gearbox,only 400 imported.Even Preuninger prefers manual.

Oh dear. Suddenly that 10k and 4 seats criteria for the Clio replacement looks all wrong. Love it in that blue colour too. Once had the chance of a Maritime blue 993 RSR but other half wouldn’t even look at it in the showroom let alone sit in it. Kick myself when I think what it would be worth now.

Love it, in that blue especially. I’ll wait for the GT4 RS…

Yeah that blue with the Anthracite wheels…I want it.

Yeah try not to think of that RSR eh…honestly don’t click the link below, you don’t wanna torture yourself :open_mouth:

http://www.hexagonmodernclassics.com/car_sales/Porsche-993-Factory-RS-Club-Sport/10282.htm

Arrrrrgh…

cha-fuckin-ching for that 993

I’d have a CTR2 for that money

Yeah its amazing what classic car prices are doing at the moment and to think that 993 probably could have been had for £50k at one stage

yeah and it’s cooking spec turbo bother half that again

It’s what they should’ve done years ago. I do love the blue but not sure the wing works on it. Those wheels though, lovely. I think the evora doesn’t stand a chance against it sadly.