North West Owners Meet

Seeing as 2 or 3 of us have shown some interest in a meet & joint gloat of each others mota’s I thought I’d sound things out. Any thoughts on either a Sat or Sun say 29 or 30th Nov or 6 or 7th Dec. Something like Kirby Lonsdale/Windermere area or North Lancs. Venue suggestions appreciated .

May be just a chance to catch up over some grub & a drink, or a run too perhaps?

Who’s up for it then…

gp-fisher
Nath
Thommo
Pesky
Gav
Russ
Others most welcome

I’ll get the green beastie polished & ready

Hi Tim

Good idea

Windermere area, sounds good to me.

No preferences for date, & I’ll do my best to get there for some tyre kicking, grub, & a natter

Not really interested in a run to be honest, but don’t let that stop the rest of you if you want to

really busy at the moment so I will not commit but when you decide on a day I will see if I can make it.

Cheers
Russ

Count me in…I dont live too far from Nath so ill probably dodge across with him.

Also a friend with an Exige S will almost certainly come along too.

Ian

Both dates should be ok with me Tim
Will be a 105db day will it?
Steve

I could be up for a run out. Kirkby Lonsdale as a meeting venue is quite a good idea, so everyone can meet up without battling their way around a town.
What about a tootle up over Shap, then on up to Hartside cafe

All sounds like a good Idea lads. I can’t do the 29th but any other I am up for. Hope the weather gets better or a dryer than what it is at the minute.

Deffinatly up for a convoy from Newcastle Ian!

Yes sounds good I will go if the date works for me.

Amazingly I can make either Nov 29 or 30 . . or Sat, Dec 6.

Looking forward to it. Any venue will suit.

Great stuff folks.

I’ll check out 2 or 3 venues for a decent car park & refreshments & let you know here

Sat 6th is better for me but can do either weekend.
Gav

Great stuff folks.

I’ll check out 2 or 3 venues for a decent car park & refreshments & let you know here

Couple of suggestions Tim, I’ve adopted the Watermill at Ings as my “local” (well that and the Bodega ) when I’m up at the house. Watermill is a real charachter pub, good sensibly priced food, easy to access, own brewery (for pax obviously), a couple of small car parks but not really a problem as there is a traffic free lane opposite the pub with ample parking.

Or possibly the Punchbowl at Crossthwaite, charachter pub, fantastic food, accessed along a few nice roads, only walked / cycled there but seem to remember pretty good car park. If of interest I can check car park out in advance.

Will probably be in Windermere 29th/30th and maybe 7th but tied up afternoon of 6th, that said if you decide on 6th may bob in early lunchtime.

Nice one Steve - would be good to see you again

A maybe from me depending on date…

Couple of suggestions Tim, I’ve adopted the Watermill at Ings as my “local” (well that and the Bodega ) when I’m up at the house. Watermill is a real charachter pub, good sensibly priced food, easy to access, own brewery (for pax obviously), a couple of small car parks but not really a problem as there is a traffic free lane opposite the pub with ample parking.

Or possibly the Punchbowl at Crossthwaite, charachter pub, fantastic food, accessed along a few nice roads, only walked / cycled there but seem to remember pretty good car park. If of interest I can check car park out in advance.

Sounds good to me Steve. I was thinking of the Drunken Duck Nr Hawkshead also. Hopefully I can check a few out on Wed 12th.

[Sounds good to me Steve. I was thinking of the Drunken Duck Nr Hawkshead also. Hopefully I can check a few out on Wed 12th.

Only problem with the Drunken Duck is car park can be a nightmare at times. Same can be said for the Masons Arms which is a shame as probably the best pub I’ve come across in the South Lakes and would be a great meeting place.
If you are down that way on Wednesday may also be worth checking the Wheatsheaf at Brigsteer, I’ve heard some good reports and seem to remember a good car park when I have been passing.

Hi Folks

The 6th December would be better for me.

Not that I would make the trip specifically for this. Will be taking the long road South so a chance to combine lunch and a chat would be good. Especially after not managing to make the LOTRDC round at Croft.

Won�t have the car with me as now in the midst of a winter refresh as inspired by some of our antipodean cousins.

Cheers

Wallsy

Yvonne

Nice one - hope you & Garfield are well

I trhink the watermill at Ings is easy to find for everyone, & offers a selection of routes for the drive home.

How about 29th Nov?

If i can have some definite idea of numbers, i’ll give them a call & make sure we’re ok.

Meet time 1130 - 1200 approx??

Good with me Tim