new Track Car info

Have you seen this latest news?

AutoCar article

Rox,

A few of us are going to Shelsey Walsh for the cars debut on Sunday.

I wonder if Veronique fancies one for racing next year???

Its not an Exige though is it?

See spec below…mouth watering stuff

Standard & Optional Features Circuit Car

Powertrain

190 (standard)

Toyota 2ZZ-GE, 4 cylinder, dohc 4 valves per cylinder with variable valve timing and lift
Capacity: 1796 cm3

Max. Power:
Max. Torque: 190 hp (141 kW) @ 7800 rpm (DIN 70020)
138 lb ft (181 Nm) @ 6800 rpm (DIN 70020)

240 (option)
Toyota 2ZZ-GE Supercharged engine, developed by Lotus Engineering
Capacity: 1796 cm3

Max. Power:
Max. Torque:
243 hp (181 kW) @ 8000 rpm (DIN 70020)
174 lb ft (236 Nm) @ 7000 rpm (DIN 70020)

Engine Management Lotus T4 - with drive-by-wire throttle control

Transmission C64 Gearbox, all aluminium lightweight construction, 6-speed, close ratio, constant mesh helical gears and open differential
Limited slip differential (optional)

Battery Lightweight dry cell battery

Wheels 8x Y spoke cast wheels
7 -Twin spoke Lightweight Forged Wheels (optional)
Lotus Sport 5 spoke Light Weight Forged Wheels (optional)

Tyres Yokohama Advan AO48
Yokohama A006 racing wet tyres (optional)
Yokohama A005 racing slick tyres (optional)
Yokohama A005 racing slick tyres - Hillclimb Spec (optional)

Brakes F&R Cross drilled disc brakes
AP racing front brake calipers
Brembo rear brake calipers
ABS

Chassis NEW Lotus designed lightweight structure of epoxy bonded aluminium alloy extrusions and lightweight steel rear subframe
High side sill chassis
Integral FIA and SCCA compliant rollcages, front and rear
Rack and pinion steering, no power assistance

Suspension Fully independent suspension utilising unequal length wishbones, coaxial mono-tube gas damper, Eibach coil spring at each corner, front anti-roll bar
Bilstein dampers
Ohlins 2 way adjustable dampers (optional)

Body Lightweight composite body shell
Bolt on exterior body panels for ease of service and repair
Integral ducts to provide engine air feed and cooling

Aero Flat bottom with front aero splitter and rear diffuser
Aerodynamically designed body shape with minimal drag and frontal area
Single plane rear wing
Optional high downforce, carbon composite, dual element rear wing

Interior Nardi steering wheel
Single sports seat
4 point harness
Passenger seat and harness optional
6 point harness optional

Kerb Weight Approximately 650Kg

Options A variety of options will be available including:

Sports Pack
Optional dynamics improvement package
Track Pack
Passenger seat and safety equipment
SVA Pack
Offering parts required to convert the Lotus Circuit Car to meet UK Single Vehicle Approval
Race Packs
Options packages to tailor the car for entry into race series of the FIA, MSA and SCCA regulations

Standalone Options A variety of options to tailor your vehicle to you, including:

Limited Slip differential
Traction control
Race exhaust ( 105db)
Racing tyres and wheel options
Protective covers
Driver Training

Lotus reserves the right to change or amend specifications and options at any time. All specifications and options are correct at time of going to press. To check specifications please contact your nearest official Lotus Cars dealer.

[image]http://www.lccs.nu/forum/userimages/2-2005-17-08-lotuscircuitcar2.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.lccs.nu/forum/userimages/2-2005-17-08-lotuscircuitcar1.jpg[/image]

Thats does look vey cool but I slightly fail to see the point. Its always going to be beaten by a radical and you won’t be able to race it in any production based championships because its not a registered road car. Shame.

Cant see Pesky buying one it doesnt have a roof!

Thats does look vey cool but I slightly fail to see the point. Its always going to be beaten by a radical and you won’t be able to race it in any production based championships because its not a registered road car. Shame.

Sadly I agree. But I would love to see it have a go at a Radical.

The race exhaust tis a tad loud too.

I wonder what price and weight the SVA pack is?

Ian

ps. That’s not ‘Sadly’ I’m forcing myself to agree with Randy BTW!

Wheels are nice though.

Will they fit the Exige though, S1 obviously

Cant see Pesky buying one it doesnt have a roof!

Actually, I really like the look of it It won’t be as fast as a Radical, but that wouldn’t bother me, cos I couldn’t drive either at their limits However, there is absolutely no way I’d have one - purely financial reasons, I’m afraid, cos it would have to sit next to the Exige in my garage

that rear wing is huge!!!

perhaps i should try one of those on my elise

NOT!!!

went to shelsey today and had a look at the new track car

Really nice, it just doesn’t look finished

In what way ? Rough edges or more of a concept car than reality ?

it looks like it was made on a very tight budget,
the bloke even said it was made from everything they had already ie s1 chassis, s2 rear subframe (modified obviously), centre console didn’t fit properly, I just think they could have spent more time on finishing the car before they launched it,Don’t get me wrong I think this car looks awesome

What I think Pesky refers to as a “Bitsa”.

Ian

I would have thought that it wouldnt look finished in a road car sense, was that what you expected? It’s a lot of performance for the price all the same.

It’s marketed as a ‘high sill’ chassis, & will need the latest sub frame for the toyota lump.

What else was ‘wrong’ with it?

Tim.

the bloke even said it was made from everything they had already ie s1 chassis, s2 rear subframe

Funny, they were saying at Shelsley today that it is a completely different chassis to the Elise, built locally in Worcester… Looks wider to me but that’s only from looking at it IYSWIM.

They also told me that dealers are taking orders for ‘it’ and for the new Europa…

Don’t tell Mrs S…

Couldn’t get over how much longer and wider it looked compaired to Elise/Exige…Tony Shute was saying that he was taking it easy as it was the only one they had…you could see that from the way he drove it up the hill. Aparently they are rushing to get a press car up and running…must say I thought it looked fantastic, but I use my car everyday so not for me.

i like it… its not a sexy as the original drawings - posted seperately by Uldis - ad you can see its not finished but i like it all the same. I suspect it will look better in SVA trim, as those headlight covers look like googly alien eyes…

Are you sure its a different chassis from an elise… why would they spend money on that ? … the supercharger install looks neater than the 240R as well.

… the supercharger install looks neater than the 240R as well.

Yeah the engine cover was closed as well