New Surrey Exige Owner

Hi people. Thought I would pop online and say hi to you all. I have gone and done it… bought the car of my dreams… and I love it!

I am so happy with the motor, however does anyone have any suggestions for the following… My baby leaks a little water when it rains. The water drips where the roof, windscreen and door window meet. Any others suffering?

I am in the Surrey area and am really keen to meet other Exige owners. If you know of a regular meet or if you fancy setting one up please let me know.

Cheers and I look forward to hearing from you soon. [color:“blue”] [/color]

Welcome

As to the leak TADTS but if you adjust the window a bot you may cure it…

Lots of meets - try Bedford on 31st Aug !!

WELCOME! You made a good choice!

As for the leak, I’m afraid I tried to solve it for 2 years (well, I pushed Bell & Colvill to) and they couldn’t. So I keep it covered when possible and remind myself it’s a race car when it does get wet.

Ian

Welcome welcome. Mine leaks also! It stores it up to drip in your face when you brake or corner. Keep a cloth handy at all times is my advice.

I am in SW London and we did manage to get about eight of us together for a bit of a run a couple of months ago. We should try and do it again before the summer is out. Just checked and there is no places left for Bedford on Bank Holiday Monday Maybe come and spectate tho’ ?

I would be very interested in seeing Randy’s Honda conversion,…another reason for a SwLondon and Surrey meet.

Thanks for all making me feel so welcome. it is just such an experience. Never thought I would actually get it, but boy I am sooo glad that I have done it.

Would be great to get together so we can all cry over our leaking cars! On a serious note would be good to see some other Exige owners. Not really ready to take it on a track yet though… Still getting to grips with it on the roads… oh and the crowds of people that stand around it, take photographs of it as if its their own!

I am about on the 31st if anyone is up for viewing Bedford!

Cheers guys

[color:“blue”] [/color]

Not really ready to take it on a track yet though…

You’ll kick yourself for waiting so long when you do. Try one of Andrew Walsh’s airfield training days (1stlotus.com), as that’s a balance of road and track skills and you’ll be able to play at the limit safely.

Ian

Welcome… where about in Surrey are you ?

A few of us will be at Bedford as Benja mentions so pop in and say hello.

I think another Sunday pub lunch run is coming on…

I am based in Sunbury, Junction 1 of the M3, 5 mins from the M25…

Looking forward to the Sunday lunch… Just let me know when and where…

[color:“blue”] [/color]

Big welcome - ps I like your car

Hi people. Thought I would pop online and say hi to you all. I have gone and done it… bought the car of my dreams… and I love it!

I am so happy with the motor, however does anyone have any suggestions for the following… My baby leaks a little water when it rains. The water drips where the roof, windscreen and door window meet. Any others suffering?

I am in the Surrey area and am really keen to meet other Exige owners. If you know of a regular meet or if you fancy setting one up please let me know.

Cheers and I look forward to hearing from you soon. [color:“blue”] [/color]

Welcome on board. Hope you are enjoying the car.

Sounds like another meet is on the cards. I’m certainly up for it. Probably worth setting a date and a venue so everyone has got something to work to. We could meet at the same pub as last time to make things simple?

Would be up for a meet although all weekends booked up until Mid Sept. Sunday 19th Sept??

Don’t think I get back from hols til that day Could make the 26/9 ?

i could do 12th or 19th but not 26th

Uh oh - problems. Don’t let my availability dictate things but if it is a Sunday in September I could do the 5th or the 26th. Would really like to see your car Randy,…would just be a bonus if you made it in a Lotus this time

I could do late afternoon on the 5th if thats any good?

I am unable to do the 5th as I am away but no one date will be great for everyone

Allan,

If you’re keen on meeting up on a Sunday I am in Chessington. Give me a shout on 07766538994.

Cheers…Carttman

Picked up my S1 Exige on moday , can not stop driving it.
I would be interested in meeting up.
Im in surbiton.

Christian

Where abouts in Subiton I live in Surbiton as well

Many thanks for all of your posts. It’s great to see sooo many local Exige owners. I have had a look through the dates for our Sunday Pub Lunch and the best, for most, is Sunday 19th Sept 2004. Sunday Lunchtimes are busy so I would suggest meeting at 12.30.

I have two suggestions as for a venue, both of which are Chef & Brewers…

1. The Watermill, Reigate Road, Dorking, Surrey, RH4 1NN
    goodpubrestaurants.co.uk
    (This is on the A25 near the roundabout with the A24)

2. Jovial Sailor, Portsmouth Rd, Ripley GU23 6EZ
    goodpubrestaurants.co.uk
    (This is on the Portsmouth Rd, just off the A3, near Junction 10 of the M25)

All I need now is an indication from you Surrey and SW London folk as to your preference and whether you are able to make it…

Both places do great food and have good parking for the Exige!.. The Watermill - Gravel / Jovial Sailor - Tarmac

I look forward to hearing from you…

E-mail - [email protected]

[color:“red”] [/color] [color:“red”] [/color] [color:“red”] [/color] [color:“red”] [/color] [color:“red”] [/color]