So I wanted to say hi from Pacifica, California. A couple of weeks ago, I ordered a 2006 Exige, with expected delivery in April. I took chrome orange, the track and touring packs, limited slip and an A/C delete. Needless to say, I am beside myself with excitement!

This will be a huge change for me, since my current track car (and the only car I’ve ever modified) is a supercharged Mustang. It’s fast, but it’s a pig, and despite all all the money I’ve sunk into suspension and chassis stiffening, I just can’t get it to feel nimble. My biggest complaint about the Mustang, though, is that I always feel like I’m fighting the car and forcing it through the turns. I’m tired of fighting my car - I want something that I can work with as a team. (Since the membership of this board is probably mostly European, please enjoy a good laugh at the American trying to road race a muscle car, I know I do. )

I just found this board, so I’ll probably hang back for awhile, but I did want to say hi.

welcome along pwe…

So you can order a federal exige with BOTH touring and track packs…? don’t think we can do that here ??

Anyway, I’m certain you will wish you could have bought one ages ago… just watch you don’t crash your Mustang when you get back into it… Looks like a pretty awesome car but the exige will be a world apart on the track… that said I like your Mustang and wouldn’t mind a wee shotty or pax

enjoy your new toy when you get it… you will be amazed, especially if you track it

welcome along pwe…

So you can order a federal exige with BOTH touring and track packs…? don’t think we can do that here ??

Lotus of San Francisco did not say anything about it, so I’m assuming it’s possible. That’s all I know right now, but I’ll take the track pack (and my fiancee will have to deal with the lack of an interior) if I need to pick.

Anyway, I’m certain you will wish you could have bought one ages ago…

Actually, I’d never heard of the Exige until about a month ago. I’d been interested on and off in the Elise since it was released in the States, but it never quite did it for me. When a coworker happened to mention the Exige, I plugged it into Google just for grins and had my breath literally taken away by the first image I saw. I was then amazed that the cars were still available and that I was able to score number six of ten being sold in San Francisco.

just watch you don’t crash your Mustang when you get back into it… Looks like a pretty awesome car but the exige will be a world apart on the track… that said I like your Mustang and wouldn’t mind a wee shotty or pax
ly if you track it

My Mustang is a sweet ride, and it’s going to break my heart to sell it.

Welcome pwe. You’ll find this forum a helpful & friendly place

Hi Ya Matey.

How far are you from Simi Valley, am over there in early feb for the trillionth time.

I love California. Had one of the madest nights out ever in a dodgy Irish bar in San Louis Obispo a couple of months ago.

Sean…

How far are you from Simi Valley, am over there in early feb for the trillionth time.

I love California. Had one of the madest nights out ever in a dodgy Irish bar in San Louis Obispo a couple of months ago.

Pacifica is about ten miles south of San Francisco, and Simi looks like it’s down near L.A., so that’d be 4-6 hours, depending on how fast you drive I5.

Yeah done the I5 from LA to San Fran on a number of occasions. The best pasrt of that trip is going past that cattle ranch thing. I have never seen so many cows in all of my life. There are squillions of them.

Also done theat trip up the 101 and the PCH. Have also done quite a few nights out in Santa Cruz. I just love American college towns, there ace, as even a Brummie accent is cool!!!

Used to work for a company based in San Mateo a good few years ago, totally love the bay area.

a supercharged Mustang. It’s fast, but it’s a pig, and despite all all the money I’ve sunk into suspension and chassis stiffening, I just can’t get it to feel nimble.

got any Rouse bits on it?

got any Rouse bits on it?

No Roush parts, no. You can see all the mods if you chase the link in my signature.

Jason

Some interesting photos in your galleries From this one in particular, I think you’ll fit in well at the exiges.com madhouse Puts a whole new meaning to “Sword in the Stone”

[image]http://pics.scc.mi.org/2004/20040112_sin_city/DSC_0034_Sm.jpg[/image]

Howdy and welcome! I am sure you will find the Exige grip and handling to be pretty amazing after the Mustang. Unless you are going to use the car exclusively on the track I would advise against the air con delete though - with the engine right behind you and the coolant pipes running along the sills it can get very hot in the cabin, and the air con only adds 15kg which you would never notice in driving.

Mark

Welcome indeed,

Like Mr. Pesky said nice pictures. Even saw somebody I know (the guy holding the wrench/owner of the car). http://pics.scc.mi.org/2005/20050404_thunder_hill/IMG_0211_Lg.jpg.6.html

I’ve visited the Willow track back in 1998 for a racing event in miata’s. Nice track. Especially the off camber corner is interesting.

Nico

What car is this - looks a little like the car the Pink Panther used to drive.

[image]http://pics.scc.mi.org/2005/20050404_thunder_hill/IMG_0209_Lg.jpg[/image]

Steve

That’s a Marcos, although I’m not sure which model!

Jason

Some interesting photos in your galleries From this one in particular, I think you’ll fit in well at the exiges.com madhouse Puts a whole new meaning to “Sword in the Stone”

[image]> http://pics.scc.mi.org/2004/20040112_sin_city/DSC_0034_Sm.jpg> [/image]

Oi Jason!

What are you doing to the poor rock?

Cool College shot! I think we’ve all been there. Never touched a drop since, right?

[image]http://pics.scc.mi.org/1991/19910201_mtu/rum_Lg.jpg[/image]

The original Marcos Mantis

Tim.

The original Marcos Mantis

Tim.

er…nope

after a bit of a search (beats cleaning the house) i’ve found that it’s a Marcos XP. Dunno owt else though. Found it at www.rory.uk.com

Tim.

after a bit of a search (beats cleaning the house) i’ve found that it’s a Marcos XP. Dunno owt else though. Found it at > www.rory.uk.com

I didn’t talk to the owner of that car, so unfortunately I don’t know anything about it.

It’s fast, but it’s a pig, and despite all all the money I’ve sunk into suspension and chassis stiffening, I just can’t get it to feel nimble.

Boy are you gonna be in for a treat!

Welcome!

Ian

ps. I’m also interested in why you’ve dropped the A/c?