excellent research Tim - although I can see the 1 photo but no words about the car.

Pesky - how did you know what is was?

ps. I’m also interested in why you’ve dropped the A/c?

Honestly, I think that I will reconsider the A/C delete. The drive to Thunder Hill, for example, goes through an area of California that gets over 100F in the summer, and that probably wouldn’t be very pleasant if the cabin of the Exige tends to get hot as it is.

Please put the aircon back in…Even in the UK with temps of 25c the car is barely useable it gets so bloody hot, unless you manage to find a run that doesn’t go below 80mph.

Pesky - how did you know what is was?

I’d like to think it was down to my encyclopedic knowledge & photographic memory, but that would just be plain nonesense!

I recognised the Marcos badge on the front

Please put the aircon back in…Even in the UK with temps of 25c the car is barely useable it gets so bloody hot, unless you manage to find a run that doesn’t go below 80mph.

I understtod the S2’s A/c was quite good, not too heavy and cuts out at high revs so not to blunt performance.

Ian

I would have thought it a complete “no brainer” to have aircon in any S2, but especially so, in bootiful California

Honestly, I think that I will reconsider the A/C delete. The drive to Thunder Hill, for example, goes through an area of California that gets over 100F in the summer, and that probably wouldn’t be very pleasant if the cabin of the Exige tends to get hot as it is.

first… hello!.. 2nd…you must get the air con! in the event that it rains it helps to clear the mist that sometimes forms over the inside of your windshield. but saying that you may not experience that problem with the climate over there

poof…

Ok, y’all win. I called the other day and had the A/C put back on the car. Thanks for the advice!

And I found out that BMC is getting one of their first cars ‘soon,’ that it has the options and color I ordered, and that I could probably have it significantly earlier than April if I wanted. Problem is that I don’t have anywhere to park it until I unload my Mustang, so I told them that I’d probably need to wait as originally planned. I’m also actually in Hawai’i right now on my honeymoon, so it’s not like I can just sell the 'Stang at the moment. I’m a little bummed out that I don’t think I’ll be able to accept the earlier offer, but the bright side is that I’ll still have my chance to properly say goodbye to the Mustang and I’ll appreciate the Exige that much more when I finally do get it.

Double congratulations

yep… Congratulations from me too

Sounds like you’re in a nice place (phyically and mentally)! Congrats!

Try and get a Jan copy of the UK EVO mag. It’s their car of the year issue and there’s a 'tang and a 240R in the line-up, you might enjoy the comparison.

Ian

Honestly, I think that I will reconsider the A/C delete. The drive to Thunder Hill, for example, goes through an area of California that gets over [color:“red”] [/color] in the summer, and that probably wouldn’t be very pleasant if the cabin of the Exige tends to get hot as it is.

Bloody hell thats hot…Go back and tick the AC box and then you will def be …Oh and welcome.

Try and get a Jan copy of the UK EVO mag. It’s their car of the year issue and there’s a 'tang and a 240R in the line-up, you might enjoy the comparison.

So I’ve ordered a copy. It wasn’t too hard to find.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!