New Exige ordered today

Finally taken the plunge and ordered Exige S2, Magnetic Blue, Performance Pack and Aircon, September ish delivery, hopefully the 1st. Thanks to all the Exige S1 owners I have met over the last few months via MrPesky, RussT, Mark_A the Edwards Boys and others who have either taken me out in their Exiges or talked so enthusiastically about the Lotus marque. Looking forward now to taking the track day learning ladder and joining you all out there. Do they do ‘L’ plates for the track days??
John

Well done, another person gets a proper sports car

Should have bought an Orange one though.

Yep,OK Mark fair cop, should have done it years ago. Not felt so exited in ages. Really liked the pics of the orange one with the stipes at the motor show, time to change my mind though

Hopefully ordering one this weekend, cant decide on colour myself mrs wants titanium i like the safron yellow, she thinks its too bling.
Decisions, decisions.

Christian

…mrs wants titanium…

She has taste!

Ian

Titanium = grey. Dull.
Saffron is much better. Almost as good as Lotus Mustard

An S1 doesn’t need an exciting colour to be exciting!

Ian

Don’t think any Lotus does, they are all ace
Just chuffed to be getting one of them.

Don’t think any Lotus does, they are all ace
Just chuffed to be getting one of them.

Does that include the 1974 Lotus Elite

Was that the one that suffered with chassis rot?

Was that the one that suffered with chassis rot?

Most of the old Lotus,s suffered from chassis rot

Regarding the 70s Elite , Its the ugliest Lotus ever .

Well i went and ordered a s2 exige today, saffron yellow,performance pack,air con, Q/R steering wheel,motorsports exhaust, probably going to get a soft top too as after looking at hard top the air intake is purely cosmetic with no purpose what so ever.
Just have to sell my current car now, in time to take delivery.

Christian

what delivery time did they give you …

Well i went and ordered a s2 exige today, saffron yellow,performance pack,air con, Q/R steering wheel,motorsports exhaust

Top man!

…probably going to get a soft top too as after looking at hard top the air intake is purely cosmetic with no purpose what so ever.

I take it back!

Come on! That just won’t look right, black on yellow! Just as well Pesky’s at Le Mans!

Ian

Quo

You would be better off buying a similar spec 111r with a proper removable roof and stick a spoiler on it .

Bargain

Don’t Listen to them Quo you have made the right move M8, I have been blasting up and down the country roads in my saffron S2 exige with the roof of all day at speeds up tp 120mph and when I got home just stuck my second hand vx soft top on works a dream You wont regret it

Well done, another person gets a proper sports car

Should have bought an Orange one though.

Mark
Would have done but the naggin tackle said there is no way she’s being seen in a bright orange car!!! It’s thanks to Jan’s generosity that i can get the Exige so I’ll have to play the game.

…I have been blasting up and down the country roads in my saffron S2 exige with the roof of all day at speeds up tp 120mph…

For those that don’t know, kirk owns a lot of private roads; in Germany. Obviously really, as otherwise saying such a thing in a public place could do him no good nor the reputation of all law abiding Exiges.com owners everywhere!

Ian

Hi Trudy,
I may have had a bit of a result with delivery, ive managed to get an earlier build slot possibly by end of july although its not guaranteed. After driving the demo with roof off i could not see any reason not to give myself the chance to do so, even if i never do. The exige is going to be mainly used for trackdays although i will use it somewhat on the road thats why i bought the exige not the 111r.
Just got to sell my RS4 before the exige turns up now.

Christian

I’m looking forward to meeting you…

On and off track

As far as I am concerned an Exige is an Exige, and the exact spec doesn’t matter - the one with the fastest driver will be fastest anyway !!