need more power!!!...help!

Err, isn’t the 2nd cam controlled by the ECU, so presumably that has to be changed too. [/quote]

Yes that�s included, as I understand.

Believe they do an ECU flash which changes this. They also offer the service by its self as a stand alone service although they dont change the cam timing in this case. you mail it in and add details like induction kit you are using and zaust. I guess they must miss out on a bit of the fine tuning if they do it without the car.

The package should be all inclusive like the turbo package although I would like to change a few engine internals is I get a chance just to be safe!

My main dealer told me today that the 240r SC is just bolted on to the engine with no added or modified valves, cams, rods. They don’t remove the head or nothing…the engine is standard. The SC is just bolted on and the ECU reworked.

My main dealer told me today that the 240r SC is just bolted on to the engine with no added or modified valves, cams, rods. They don’t remove the head or nothing…the engine is standard. The SC is just bolted on and the ECU reworked.

mmhh… intresting.
Maybe the engine would be strong enough afterall?
Or it could be that was one of the reasons why it’s limited to 50 as after some time a lot would come back with a broken engine?
Eitherway it won’t make the car’s life longer i think.

They have been bolting sc on to this engine in yota cars for some time, just look on some of the US forums and they seem fairly bomb proof …

Que a load of yota engines letting go…

I suppose the low weight of the elise or exige does a lot to keep the engine in good condition.

Yes and no. Its true that the engine has less weight to push around. But Exiges if driven as they were designed to be will give the yota engine a hard time. Most yotas are driven by grannies after all!

Good engine then.
Actually the more i think about it, the more i think it’s not such a bad idea to bolt on a supercharger.
Without the SC you really have to drive it hard, i know that from my Honda s2000 that has sort of the same engine characteristic.
But with th SC you have more midrange power and are not to anxious to change gear late to keep in the powerband, that should compensate for giving the engine a hard time without the SC.

Another thing, with the yota engine you get +50 hp with the SC i believe (correct me if i’m wrong) wich is not THAT extreme.
when i was looking for info on an SC for the Honda s2000 it was +100 hp and you could have even more with an intercooler upgrade.
That is a lot and i would not be driving with a good feeling then what it might do to the engine over the years.

Cheers
RCduck7

Well the power race just got interesting!

Brett has released the pricing for his SC
250R $6200
280R $7500

http://www.ragnorakracing.com/page/page/2337807.htm

And Hanger 111 will be fitting and selling kits in the UK

Well the power race just got interesting!

Cheers for that, very interesting indeed. Hopefully the accusump could be better placed than just dumped in the middle of the boot as per their photo.

Also I hope Ragnarok doesn’t mean it all ends in an apocalyptic bang!

They have been SCing the Yota engine for years in the US and Japan with no ill effects (just not in the boot). Just a question of the package being a good one. I would feel a lot better with a lowered compression ratio though.

Hopefully the accusump could be better placed than just dumped in the middle of the boot as per their photo

didn’t see the picture you refer to to…but that’s exactly where Lotus placed it in the Cup race cars