need more power!!!...help!

But I’m old, & can’t drive for toffee…

But I’m old, & can’t drive for toffee…

Alan

Perhaps I should have added that I’d make an exception for some “Werthers Original”

I agree with Pesky. On the road I frequently scare myself, on the twisty stuff you just run out of tarmac. A few of my mates have T350’s, not bad round corners and very fast in a straight line. On the back roads they can’t believe how quick I can go (and I’m no Schumacher). On the track (I’ve only recently done my 3rd day) I’m slower than a well driven elise s1 (with only a few minor tweaks). If I want to go quicker I need training. This year I’m enjoying my own pace, next year I’ll opt for some extra tuition, but the Exige is a quick car! If you’re already driving at the cars limits then you need a different car.

If you’re already driving at the cars limits then you need a different car.

Er, I’d just say engine!

A SC Honda-ed Exige will lap about as fast as anything road legal.

Ian

has anyone honda’d an S2?

Maidstone Sports Cars Have done a couple and have a kit available I belive.

What they have done is take a 111s swap all the bodywork and do the conversion = Honda powered Exige look-a-like (the price is around 18k + elise S2)

No one has bothered to develop a Yota-2-Honda conversion not enough demand (Yota Lotuses have a different engine sub frames)

No one has bothered to develop a Yota-2-Honda conversion not enough demand (Yota Lotuses have a different engine sub frames)

Are you sure? Isn’t Scuffer’s S2 Exige a SCed Honda?

Ian

Ian

Scuffers/Maidstone’s orange “Exige” started life as an S2 Elise, I believe, so it’s chassis was designed to take the Rover K series.

Ahhhh! Ta

Interesting news as far as more power for the S2.
Most will know about Forcefed and Brett who has posted a few peaces on here. Brett left Forcefed and all went quiet on when or if the turbo would make it over here. He has started his own business and seems be in the process of producing a sc package and also bringing the turbo package over here in the next couple of months.

Could be good to have another option out there!
Here is the link to his post on SELOC
http://forums.seloc.org/viewthread.php?tid=56244

This is what I’ve been told…

Turbo package: 235-350 whp (engine build required for over 300whp)
Blower package 1: Eaton 240R replica 200-210whp
Blower package 2: Whipple 230-250 whp

The S/C…

[image]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/Ozzer-S2/SC1.jpg[/image] [image]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/Ozzer-S2/SC2.jpg[/image]

I wonder what sort of price that will come out at. Did Brett have any dates in mind for finishing the s/c kits?

The turbo kit will be in the 6500 pound range and the SC’s both less than that…(they need too be!!)

The turbo and SC’s packages in the UK in the next 2-3 months!

Bring them on!!!

So, you guys are just adding a turbo with oil pump or supercharger without any modification to the engine to make it stronger?
Or is this all included in the package?

Oh and…The second cam will also be tuned to come on at 4000, just like the 240R package from Lotus.

Oh and…The second cam will also be tuned to come on at 4000, just like the 240R package from Lotus.

Err, isn’t the 2nd cam controlled by the ECU, so presumably that has to be changed too.

Price of supercharger is 10300 euro tax and installation included (for a cupcar) in Belgium