need more power!!!...help!

ok so a cat by pass won’t help power increase on an s2 exige! …but i feel my car is not fast enough …so whats the cheapest way to make it go faster??

…but i feel my car is not fast enough …so whats the cheapest way to make it go faster??

I can only presume that you’re complaining about your car on track, cos it’s plenty fast enough on the road. Accordingly, spend some dosh on some good instruction - when you’re half as quick as Alastair, Matt, Simon etc, you can then blame your car. Sorry, but true…

Bloody hell, I’m now speaking up for S2s

PS Oh, for some open top motoring

You can’t get much quicker around corners…the exige is one of the best…If not THE best!

If you want a car that�s quick in a straight line…buy a TVR.

Or wait for the SC kit

What�s been said here is all correct.
On my first few track days I was getting passed by a lot of slower cars driven faster than the faster Exige driven slowly. Wow now I have confused my self…
The greatest thing about a car like the Exige is its corner speed. Anyone can floor a car on the straight but being quick in an Exige means you are using some skill!

But on the subject of more power you have the sc (see separate thread on sc). The problem with the Yota engine is that it is already producing over 100hp/lt so pretty stressed with high compression etc. In the US there are a couple of tuners with N/A packages being developed. A company called Forcefed Has been threatening to bring it over along with their turbo packages including a 400hp one!!! Unfortunately the manager in charge of sales called Brett has left the company so not sure how long we will be waiting over here. To read more about the US stuff you best bet is http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/index.php and check out the power train forum. I think Brett also posted a video of the 400hp beast out in anger …or should that be spinning Should be able to seach for it on here.

The two things of interest available at the moment are the sc kit from Switzerland (see separate sc thread) and the adjustable suspension kit from Ohlin available from Lotus Motorsport division said to be worth just under a second around Hethal, Lotuses own track.

Hope that helps
Cheers
Jamie

Having recently got my hands on a 111R for R&D purposes on the exhaust, I found the power/torque curves for a tuned S2 Exige, posted by PTP Performance, very …interesting. The peak figures are 155BHP and 117lb/ft with the full Janspeed manifold and system. Peak torque occurring at 3500rpm! The std figures - 145BHP/108lb/ft.(!) The manifold actually performing worse at the top end when used with the performance silencer.(This, I’m certain, a consequence of using too small a bore on the manifold). This lack of torque, in what is an already heavier car than the S1 surely urged Lotus to hurry along the S/C version.

Also found this German site which sells loads of engine parts for the Yota and more…

Just need to get some German lessons as they dont seem to have a lot of English on the site.
Jamie

Having recently got my hands on a 111R for R&D purposes on the exhaust, I found the power/torque curves for a tuned S2 Exige, posted by PTP Performance, very …interesting. The peak figures are 155BHP and 117lb/ft with the full Janspeed manifold and system. Peak torque occurring at 3500rpm! The std figures - 145BHP/108lb/ft.(!) The manifold actually performing worse at the top end when used with the performance silencer.(This, I’m certain, a consequence of using too small a bore on the manifold). This lack of torque, in what is an already heavier car than the S1 surely urged Lotus to hurry along the S/C version.

Tosh! The Exige S2 is a quick car, 0-60 in 4.9 and 0-100 in 13 ish .
Yes there are cars that are quicker in a line but most would be left by the Exige after a few twisty bits.
Also dont forget the Exige S2 only costs 30-35k.

Such a lightweight car, even in S2 form, could never be described as slow! I’m just very surprised at the lack of torque compared to say an S1?

yes all said is true!..but what made me post this thred is…i had a 0-100 race with a vx220 turbo(remaped)i believe… i joke you not…THE VX WAS VERY MUCH FASTER! and the price he paid for his car was less than half mine i have no doubt in my mind that on track the exige will out perform…but you must understand it is not a nice feeling to look at the back end of a vx pulling away A LOT faster than me

sounds like an sc or turbo would be the way forward.

I would say that its a bit of horses for courses, thats what the VX is good at, put the Exige in its eliment and the VX wont see which way you went.

Why would you expect to be quicker to 100mph than a VX 220 Turbo?

I’ve got a mate who “only” spent �6K on a motorbike & it’ll pi$$ on all of us all the way to 150mph & a bit more.

PS I presume that you hadn’t taken the roof off to loose some weight too, had you?

PPS I also know someone who spent a miserly �17K on an immaculate Porsche 911 Turbo - & that’s also bloody quick to 100mph, & it then tops out at 180mph, leaving me for dead!

Ho, hum…

pesky? what "drive train"are you using…?

Honda Civic Type R, with only about 200bhp.

But I’m old, & can’t drive for toffee…

THERE YOU GO THEN…HONDA!!! YOU ALSO MUST FEEL THE NEED TO GO FASTER!! do you??? i dont pretend to be some sort of track expert…I AM JUST A LAD THAT LIKES LOTUS CARS FOR BEING LOTUS CARS…HENCE{ENTHUSIAST)

THERE YOU GO THEN…HONDA!!! YOU ALSO MUST FEEL THE NEED TO GO FASTER!! do you??? i dont pretend to be some sort of track expert…I AM JUST A LAD THAT LIKES LOTUS CARS FOR BEING LOTUS CARS…HENCE{ENTHUSIAST)

I know he’s old… but he was awake 15 minutes before you posted, prolly just went for coco and hot milk, no need to shout

I’ve got a mate who “only” spent �6K on a motorbike & it’ll pi$$ on all of us all the way to 150mph & a bit more.

not round KH tho’… unless your mates Niall McKenzie of course…

THERE YOU GO THEN…HONDA!!! YOU ALSO MUST FEEL THE NEED TO GO FASTER!! do you??? i dont pretend to be some sort of track expert…

PMSL

not round KH tho’… unless your mates Niall McKenzie of course…

Rightly or wrongly, I was only referring to an “on the road” situation in my responses above Using the Exige’s true potential on track is, as most of us know, a different kettle of fish

PS Oh, for some open top motoring

Steady!