NA Build....

I agree they look beautiful but aren’t they a little OTT engineering-wise in terms of what’s actually needed for catch tanks?

As with the rest of the world Steve its a case of design gone mad… Is it needed? probably not. Does it look good? Oh God yes!!

Gav, I’m just curious to know how this/these parts fit into the overall Lotus owners philosophy of performance through lightness? Why two tanks? What’s the green elbow for? How do you empty if more than half full?

Two things I think are great are the dipstick and ability to unscrew from below.

you have to have 2 separate tanks as there are 2 independent breathers that can’t be joined on the 2ZZ

:slight_smile:

…thanks Gav, they do look nice tho Steve lol

Not mine but should look simlar…

Nice skid plank - very F1.

Very Chuck Berry …
Go Jonny Go…

It’s the economy version of the baffled sump.

Following this thread with much interest

Question: Is it worthwhile to knife edge the crankshaft ?

[quote=jbs]Following this thread with much interest

Question: Is it worthwhile to knife edge the crankshaft ?[/quote]

Yea I know, after I’d got nowhere on here asking that question I went on the hunt… I also asked DDperformance and a few others. Everyone I asked thought it was unnecassary with any gain not really worth the trouble and ���! The thought was that it would just bring in other variables that could go wrong… I really didn’t think it was worth it, most if not all hadn’t done it.

[quote=jonnyfox][quote=jbs]Following this thread with much interest

Question: Is it worthwhile to knife edge the crankshaft ?[/quote]

Yea I know, after I’d got nowhere on here asking that question I went on the hunt… I also asked DDperformance and a few others. Everyone I asked thought it was unnecassary with any gain not really worth the trouble and ���! The thought was that it would just bring in other variables that could go wrong… I really didn’t think it was worth it, most if not all hadn’t done it. [/quote]

Not really surprising really, knife edging , means thinning, thinning means loss of strength.A modification to far IMHO

You’ll have Chapman turning in his grave…

[quote=stevegreen]
You’ll have Chapman turning in his grave… [/quote]

So I�m in a QUANDRY, a pickle if I may lol … how do these look? The block is with an engine builder as we speak and I�m then going to drop it off at Minister for a second opinion. The scaring is minimal, the surface smooth to the touch… any thoughts?

[quote=stevegreen]
You’ll have Chapman turning in his grave…[/quote]

but at least his knife edged corpse wont churn up the soil.

From what I can gather, if the block and coating is not new then the drop in pistons will kill the lining, this is why I’m going to probably need to put darton sleeves in mine for what is slightly worse damage.
Down side is the cost, about �900 to supply and fit them :frowning:

Gotta be a new block Jonny for what you’re aiming to do…
Or liners perhaps.
Pay yaself a dividend buddy ,snow is on the way.
:wink:

:frowning: …yea its f****D! :angry: