My Exige S1 #46

I got this Exige on the 10th September from a guy in Macclesfield. It was a fair trek driving back in an unknown car, but it was well worth it, and glad to have it here back here in sunny Berkshire! It’s done 25k miles and is nice and original, having been laid up for half its life. I’ve been going through it sorting any cosmetic bits, valve clearances, cambelt etc. and have found this forum invaluable for all the little specific Exige details. I used to have an S1 Elise, so it feels very much like home sat in the Exige! Anyway, some pics-

3 Likes

What an absolute peach. I do love a S1!

1 Like

Looks great and welcome :+1: . Love the excel as well. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Cheers! I’ve had the Excel a couple of years, I’m getting quite attached to it and it’s red velour interior :joy:

1 Like

That’s great I’ve always had a soft spot for one. I think underrated as well. Great pair :+1:

1 Like

Beautiful exige but the excel is great to! Enjoy the Exige.

1 Like

The interior of the excel is a brave choice of colour.

2 Likes

Thats a stunning S1, well done :+1:

1 Like

Lovely looking Exige, enjoy! :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

Had a go at a seat back with some new brushed nylon fabric from Allon White, the fabric is a really good match to the original, which was hanging off and knackered! I was happy with the outcome. I really don’t want to do another, but unfortunately both seats were as bad as each other so time for some more glue sniffing on the driver seat :joy:

3 Likes

Thats a great result. Any tips? I am considering doing my roof myself.

Hi Andy,
I used the brush on impact adhesive on the seat back itself for accuracy and to get it right to the edges. I used he aerosol adhesive on the back of the fabric so it doesn’t soak through and avoids any blobs from brushing.
You have to be careful to not pull the fabric too tight to conform to any compound curves, otherwise it bunches up. Just work in small areas at a time and start in the middle :+1:t2:
Make sure that both surfaces are touch dry before you go for it!

1 Like

Thank you! Ill see what I can do!

Lovely car sir, not much trumps an S1 :wink::ok_hand:

1 Like

Cheers Rob, it’s keeping me busy in the garage and I think that’s what I enjoy almost as much as the driving :joy:

1 Like

My driver’s side has started to peel off. Never thought about replacing it entirely. That would a good job for me this winter, if I ever get round to it.

Great car, by the way. And the Exige isn’t bad either!

1 Like

The seat “fronts” were still in great condition on mine so it was well worth it. The harness hole area was the most tricky, the cardboard hole formers on the back were falling apart too, so I just traced them and cut them out on some thin plastic for a bit of longevity hopefully :joy:

1 Like

Mine are falling off as well. I think Allon white will be having a run on the backs.

Had the same problem. I decided to clean and give a nice paint. That’s it.

2 Likes