My ElisEleven project....

Yes but some Aero as well…Also It will be 90% track and may end up with some of those funny ‘Bald’ tyres fitted

Sean’s your man for funny bald tyres :smiley:

Great job so far Dave, loving that front clam mate :thumbup:

Very nice Dave! :slight_smile:

Thats a special build! Great history and going to look awesome :+1:t2:

Re the history, its first registered keeper is Lotus cars…
It has a Lotus motor sport chassis number as well
Here is a picture of my latest work…A Pro-alloy charge cooler specifically made to suit this car. I’m very happy with it!!

That looks great! I have a PA chargecooler. Great bits of kit.

Been busy today with the grinder, That bloody dust makes me itch!! But worth it in the end!!

Then tried the engine cover for size…I like this bit a lot!!! Especially first picture, That carbon is rather nice!!!

One done I put the car back into the garage and needed somewhere to store the Exige rear spoiler i have for sale…Seemed the obvious place to stand it!!!

But this is the one i really want on the car!!!
elise wing.jpg

:thumbup:

Great progress. The pro alloy CC is great.

An awesome build.
So as someone permanently iterating around which Lotus I should be driving and to what spec, my question is will 270bhp and sub 900kg be enough to make this a first choice track car vs the 3-11, or is it more of a wet track day set-up?
No offence to anyone here - obviously Dave has run a range of high power cars and so interested to know how those who are truly ‘Seriously Lotus’ look at things.

Add to the mix the price of each, one is 30% of the ££ of the other
One has a roof/wind screen
One is smaller/lighter/ more nimble.
Two totally different animals
Would i sell the 3Eleven, not a chance, am i looking forward to using the Elise yes, Will i still use the 3Eleven- yes

Not a bad position to be in at all.

Love the updates. Please keep them coming

I get it. I was hoping this might answer the - do I take my Elise Cup to RRR or get a V6 Cup of some sort question.
But I guess that I just need both!
Anyway - sorry for the off topic ramblings.

Ive had an S2 Exige with 300 bhp and sequential, Then a 360cup, then 3 Eleven.
Would i go back to any of them? Possibly all, but they are SOOOOO different in how they do the same job for me (Trackdays). They all havae there own pros and cons!!!

It’s like wives I guess…!! :rofl::rofl:

I had a ride in a 3-11 with KT475 bhp kit and Ohlins at Bilster Berg recently.
It felt awesome - just very responsive to inputs (cliche but just went wherever the driver put it) and very confidence inspiring grip wise - tho maybe we weren’t pushing the real limits even if we were overtaking most things.
In simplistic terms it’s an Exige 430 Cup on Ohlins with a LSD and minus 100kg.
I really need something with a roof.
If you have a v6 Exige with similar power and Ohlins / lsd would it drive like a 3-11…??

How did you get on with the sequential on the road? What about rebuilds?
O/T so apologies!