motorsport covers

Another thing, mine came pre-drilled with holes for fixings. Because mine uses the normal hinge and catch arrangement, some of these holes were redundant.
Make sure you know how it’s going to fit before it’s painted, and get any unused holes filled first. It seems obvious, but apparently it wasn’t obvious to the people who fitted mine

Great news…

Angelo shipped the covers a few days ago by DHL…

I just got home tonight and found that DHL had left a card in my letterbox…

My wife has arranged for them to be delivered here on Thursday !!! (When someone will be here all day)

Can you please email me individually with telephone numbers so we can arrange the next step…

Please note that I am unlikely to be going to Bedford on the 31st, but I am sure we can work something out…

thanks for the post brendan, you saved me the trouble. my understanding is that the holes have been rough cut to allow you guys some freedom with the extent of opening. you will also need to get the covers fitted to your cars individually as the variations in panel fit will mean they will inevitably require some fiddling around to get right.

I have removed the hinge fitting and my cover is secured by clips alone. not great for security, but much easier for access and cooling down when taking a break on track.

as for visiblity, my rear view mirror now resides in the spares box along with aircon and other useless bits.

glad to hear they made it to mike’s. good luck all.

a

All the covers arrived today, and very professionally packed…

They used a big box and that foam that you use to make drivers seats…

Super protection…

Now the hard part…

I already have arrangements to meet Ken at my home in Bristol, and to deliver to Simon Turner at Silverstone on the 11th Sept…

I need to hear from escaper, and ahki, as to what they want to do…

And if I use the original box and packaging I could send the last two to Uldis and Dave Stanley in Scotland, though they would have to work out the logistics at their end…

Please note that I am unlikely to be going to Bedford on the 31st, but I am sure we can work something out…

Why Mike ?

Clutch needed replacing…

Too much power and not enough grip…

Going for an uprated motorsport one with six pads and a 10 kg lighter flywheel!!

Hmmm, too much money to spend in the car? (you lucky barsteward!)

Regarding mine, I’m not in a hurry, as my car is nowhere near complete.
Talk to Dave first and see what he comes up with. We could always move mine up later.

Mike give me a shout on 07906 279 444

Cheers

Mark

…and a 10 kg lighter flywheel!!

Don’t forget to make sure that puppy is balanced properly!

Ian

woo-oof ^ foo-oow

Here is my cover fitted and painted…

Note that I have made the cut-outs quite a bit bigger to aid cooling further…

[image][image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/skodaking/IMGP0445.jpg[/image][/image]

Mike

I see that a certain Mr Kershaw is keeping an eye proceedings too

PS What a nice shiny car you have